Switching off home charger for longer period

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
mish

Post by mish »

Hi. I own a Wallbox Pulsar Plus home charger which doesn't come with a power switch. I was wondering if it is fine to turn off the charger via the fuse box if I am not using it for a prolonged period of time. My car won't arrive for another 3 months and I don't see the point leaving the charger on during this time. Does anyone else have experience with this? I assume the charger has a battery installed so it remembers any vital information from previous sessions (not even sure if acts more like a dumb device in that respect). Cheers.

Pepet2

Post by Pepet2 »

Mish, I have the Pulsar Plus charger but have had no reason to turn off at the consumer box for any length of time. Can't imagine it would be an issue if you did that but might be worth a quick call to Wallbox Customer Services beforehand and run it by them. It's a London number ( 020 3318 3779 ) but you will probably get patched through to Barcelona with it being a Spanish company. I rang them last month when my charger was installed and they were most helpful. Regarding sessions information, believe that data will be stored on their servers so shouldn't be lost in the event of any power interruptions to the charger. Good luck.
mish

Post by mish »

Hi @Pepet2. Thanks for the info! I just tried the web chat on the Wallbox website and they were actually able to answer all my question.
I don't have any wifi or 4G near the charger and I was told that during the bluetooth connection the session info gets stored on the phone and once the phone is connected to the internet again the app will sync with the servers. This means leaving the charger turned off won't cause any problems.
Pepet2

Post by Pepet2 »

That all sounds good Mish and appreciate you relaying their response, I'm now a bit wiser too !
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I’m just about to go away for a week or the days - and wondering about just flicking the switch on the mini board to my charger off. Just in case (it’s a SyncEV)