On board charge timer.

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

Hi All,
Has anybody noticed this issue.
When using the id3 on board charging timer with my home Pod Point 7kw charger.
The car only charges at 2.7kw (9mph). Even although its connected to a 7kw Pod Point charger.
If used without the onboard charger you get a 7kw (29mph) charge.
VW id3 1st Edition Moonstone Grey
Octopus referral. www.share.octopus.energy/harsh-hippo-272

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

It’s a bit rubbish for us so we don’t use it.

I’m assuming it’ll be fixed in a future software update.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Yes, many many owners have experienced the same.

Apparently it’s not corrected in the over the air updates coming over the new few weeks.

Stick to scheduling the charge from your Pod Point app, delete the “location” in the car and just sat your maximum % on the Vehicle > Charging screen.
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:33 pm Yes, many many owners have experienced the same.

Apparently it’s not corrected in the over the air updates coming over the new few weeks.

Stick to scheduling the charge from your Pod Point app, delete the “location” in the car and just sat your maximum % on the Vehicle > Charging screen.
The issue i have with Pod Point schedule is that if the schedule is set at the time you Plug the car in it doesn't link with the car and the charge indicator otherwise vehicle charger goes Red showing an error.
Deleted User 192

Idmania3 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:12 pm
scott28tt wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:33 pm Yes, many many owners have experienced the same.

The issue i have with Pod Point schedule is that if the schedule is set at the time you Plug the car in it doesn't link with the car and the charge indicator otherwise vehicle charger goes Red showing an error.

That’s irrelevant in terms of it still actually charging the car though, it works.
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:57 pm

That’s irrelevant in terms of it still actually charging the car though, it works.
The car doesn't charge as it shows a fault. The only way to to charge is too turn off the Pod Poi t sheduler and just plug the car in.
Something I'm not prepared to do as my cheap rate starts at 12.30am and finishes at 04.30am
Deleted User 192

Idmania3 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:02 pm

The car doesn't charge as it shows a fault. The only way to to charge is too turn off the Pod Poi t sheduler and just plug the car in.
Something I'm not prepared to do as my cheap rate starts at 12.30am and finishes at 04.30am

That has not been my experience, and I’ve read of plenty of other owners who it also just works for.

What have Pod Point said to you?
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:43 pm

That has not been my experience, and I’ve read of plenty of other owners who it also just works for.

POD POINT say that it's the car not communicating with the charger.
VW say that the charger is at fault.
Stalemate.
Deleted User 192

Idmania3 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:22 am
scott28tt wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:43 pm

POD POINT say that it's the car not communicating with the charger.
VW say that the charger is at fault.
Stalemate.

No idea then, it's always worked for me, and for many others.