ID3 Software Update v2.3

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Reckon that’s a good bet @rikimaru.
My wife used the ID.3 today, she says there was an update invitation that she accepted which said something about it would update while car was parked, which it was for 8 hours while she was at work. I see no evidence of an update happening though, which is annoying, thought it would be in the “show all updates” screen if it happened.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

'Scuse the dust, it was very bright sunlight honest
After it finished there was a notification in the err notifications of all places.

20210916_102919.jpg

Made a change from Internet radio not available.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Ah, that We Charge app is new and came with the update right?

ECFE4749-CD77-44A6-93C6-C76DDA8393D1.jpeg

Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Haven’t explored it, but with a quick look it struck as a bit strange that it’s a separate app using Google maps rather than an additional capability of the car’s native navigation app, or am I missing something (entirely possible)?
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Leccy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:54 pm Haven’t explored it, but with a quick look it struck as a bit strange that it’s a separate app using Google maps rather than an additional capability of the car’s native navigation app, or am I missing something (entirely possible)?
The hope (or delusion?) is that VW are planning on integrating it into the main satnav app but that will take more time, so they simply wanted to get something out sooner. Again, could be delusion.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
DSB18

Post by DSB18 »

Well the update message came up again last night but when I stopped and selected to install the car had gone offline and refused to go back online so the update was failing.
Had to do the "take 5amp fuse out for 30 mins" to get it back online and the update went through cleanly, hard work theses ID.3's :D
ID.3 Makena turquoise Business Pro
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Leccy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:58 pm Ah, that We Charge app is new and came with the update right?

Yes, that's what it was, there were release notes accessible from the initial notification screen.
Deleted User 192

Leccy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:54 pm Haven’t explored it, but with a quick look it struck as a bit strange that it’s a separate app using Google maps rather than an additional capability of the car’s native navigation app, or am I missing something (entirely possible)?

Happy to have it separate, given that I use Apple Maps pretty much all the time for navigation anyway.
Deleted User 1426

Post by Deleted User 1426 »

Still waiting for my car from the dealer. It is a used Family pro which has only done 12 miles. When they were prepping it, they discovered it needed the 2.0 and 2.1 updates and they are struggling to get it to take the update. Current plan is to ship it to another garage in their group who have a later version of the update tool in an attempt to load 2.1, taken them 2 days to get this far. Apparently it has been shut in the showroom for 9 months...
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

scott28tt wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:54 am Happy to have it separate, given that I use Apple Maps pretty much all the time for navigation anyway.
Yeah, I’ve been weaning off Waze since the ID.3 came along, Apple have clearly been investing in Maps. I flip between the native nav (I like the overall look of the infotainment system) and CarPlay with Apple Maps nav. Will be interesting to see how both develop.
EDIT: CarPlay/Apple Maps 100% having used it for a week and on a trip, like the integration with everything else in the Apple eco system too
VWID3-1st

Post by VWID3-1st »

Hi All

Yesterday I installed the software update on my ID3, which failed and I got this error on my screen " system update not complete. Observe warning! Vehicle wallet!".

Anyone else got this error when they updated/installed the software.

Picture attached!!

20211016_193225.jpg

VW ID.3 1st Edition, Makena Turquoise, ID Software:
Deleted User 192

VWID3-1st wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:03 am Hi All

Yesterday I installed the software update on my ID3, which failed and I got this error on my screen " system update not complete. Observe warning! Vehicle wallet!".

Picture attached!!

20211016_193225.jpg

Part 1 didn’t install on mine the first time. I gave it another try (from the “goodbye” screen) the next morning and it worked.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Picture attached!!

20211016_193225.jpg
Quick question.. Did you plug the car into charge at the same time?
VWID3-1st

Post by VWID3-1st »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:37 am

Picture attached!!

20211016_193225.jpg
Quick question.. Did you plug the car in to charge at the same time?

Yes, I was charging the car same time.

I have tried factory reset today but nothing worked for me 😔😔. Still have that annoying message on my dashboard screen.
Deleted User 192

VWID3-1st wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:15 pm
G43FAN wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:37 am

Picture attached!!

20211016_193225.jpg
Quick question.. Did you plug the car in to charge at the same time?

Yes, I was charging the car same time.

I have tried factory reset today but nothing worked for me 😔😔. Still have that annoying message on my dashboard screen.

Updates don't install when the car is charging.
VWID3-1st

Post by VWID3-1st »

Updates don't install when the car is charging.
[/quote]

Thank you !!

Now I just have to wait to see if I get the Install option again on the Goodbye screen. Otherwise I ll take it to the vw workshop.
Jel

Post by Jel »

I've not read through all the posts but is there a way to turn off the horrible background colour bleed over to the home button side in 2.3 ? When in CarPlay mode it really doesn't look good.
Deleted User 192

Change the background colour?
Jel

Post by Jel »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:47 pm Change the background colour?
tried that several times but its always there. is it different for you ?
Deleted User 192

Maybe post a picture of what you mean by colour bleed, I might be misunderstanding what you mean.