ID3 Software Update v2.3

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

EagleID3 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:15 am My ID3 was received in early September this year and I still haven't received the email asking for approval to update to 2.3. I followed up with the We Connect support email to ask when this would be coming and received the following reply. Does this sound correct?

"Please be informed that the "Over the Air update" is offered only for the first movers.
Our internal systems indicate that you are not a first mover and that your vehicle is not entitled for the "Over the Air update"."

It WAS only for First Movers, back in July/August.

It's now applicable to every owner, every vehicle.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-2-3.html

Try emailing iddirect@volkswagen.de

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

That email that Scott shared works, they will tell you your status. Ask if you a registered for the update.

And remember to email from the account you have registered with the car πŸ˜€
EagleID3

Post by EagleID3 »

Yes all registered. I will push again on this.
rawws

Post by rawws »

Got car in September too also not recieved any email or 2.3 currently on 2.1, emailed them got response below

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused due to the long wait, however, rest assured that you will receive the Over the Air Update in your ID.3 one of the following days, as the update is being distributed in waves.

The roll-out of the over-the-air updates for the customer vehicles takes place in waves (end of Q3/beginning Q4). It is not possible to determine in advance for which time-slot your vehicle will be assigned. An e-mail is sent to the customers where an active consent of the customer is required. The basic requirement for an over-the-air update for ID.3 and ID.4 vehicles is the consent of the customer.

After the customer's consent, it may take up to 6 weeks for the update to be available.

We hope for your understanding and would like to thank you for your patience on the matter.
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

I see 3,0 is out in Jan 22.
rawws

Post by rawws »

G4XUR wrote: ↑Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:00 pm I see 3,0 is out in Jan 22.
Well maybe there are skipping 2.3 and will just rollout v3
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Doubt it, an update will usually depend on a previous update, like 2.3 depended on 2.1, would imagine 3.0 will depend on 2.3.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Far as I’m aware VW have not announced a rollout date for 3.0, but I think have announced that 2.3 will need to be installed before 3.0 will deliver OTA.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 192

Official source?
Deleted User 192

rawws wrote: ↑Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:59 pm

2.3 is a pre-req.
rawws

Post by rawws »

scott28tt wrote: ↑Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:22 pm
rawws wrote: ↑Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:59 pm

2.3 is a pre-req.
ok, i wish they was a possibility of just updating the software ourselves via usd stick or something , just like you would a computer bios etc
Deleted User 314

Too much human intervention with USB sticks, it needs to be 100% free of potential interference. Process could be better, but it does work and it is safe.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Well after over a week of emails back and forth I am still 2.3less. The most recent email after going to technical support last week was a standard email telling me to Get in the car, wait 60 seconds, drive 2 metres then park. The update will then be on the goodbye screen. It's not, and I told them on the 2nd of October that the routine above was what I had been doing for 2 weeks Excpet I had also been driving around in good 4G reception to initiate the download. Friday is 6 weeks since 1st October email was received.
I have also pointed out that my Nav Software is not updating either but they've ignored that.
smuj

Post by smuj »

These OTA updates are the one thing I am not looking forward to. Where I live, rural Herefordshire, there are large areas where there is no mobile coverage. Most of my journeys are without any reception at all. Parked on my drive is fine but 2 minutes drive away, nothing. Not even knowing the one day of the week my car would be due its update means I will probably miss the update when available. I cannot understand why I can’t just park on my drive with a charged battery and just manually begin the download/update. So 20th century.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
Deleted User 314

smuj, don't worry. Where I live I have no signal other than a small area near the house, all I imagine is that this will slow things down for you rather than you missing out. I got mine in the end!
smuj

Post by smuj »

Anduain wrote: ↑Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:23 am smuj, don't worry. Where I live I have no signal other than a small area near the house, all I imagine is that this will slow things down for you rather than you missing out. I got mine in the end!
Thanks for the reassurance. My worry is that now I’m retired most of my journeys are shorter local runs. Not much long range stuff. Once or twice a week I’ll do a 60ish mile round trip but that’s it. Not sure how long the download will take as no idea of size of download or speed of 4G signal. Hopefully all will go well.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
steviebabes

Post by steviebabes »

I had no problems with the download or installation but I am in a strong EE 4G area. I noticed there is a Wi-Fi connection option, perhaps this would help owners with a poor or non existent 4G signal. Is there any advantage in adding your Wi-Fi router to the car?
ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya 19in Alloys
Deleted User 314

smuj wrote: ↑Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:39 am

Thanks for the reassurance. My worry is that now I’m retired most of my journeys are shorter local runs. Not much long range stuff. Once or twice a week I’ll do a 60ish mile round trip but that’s it. Not sure how long the download will take as no idea of size of download or speed of 4G signal. Hopefully all will go well.
Same profile as us (Apart from the retired bit) 1 day a week a 40 mile round trip into Barcelona, the rest in naff reception land.

I vaguely remember it's several (6?) gig, so it'll take a while to download.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

smuj wrote: ↑Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:39 am
Anduain wrote: ↑Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:23 am smuj, don't worry. Where I live I have no signal other than a small area near the house, all I imagine is that this will slow things down for you rather than you missing out. I got mine in the end!
I'm the same Smuj. Only 2 bars on the drive and sometimes the car is idol for 2 or 3 days.
Nevertheless both downloads came through and installed fine. I dont know how long they took. I locked the car and walked away. Next drive there it was.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Deleted User 192

steviebabes wrote: ↑Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:04 pm I had no problems with the download or installation but I am in a strong EE 4G area. I noticed there is a Wi-Fi connection option, perhaps this would help owners with a poor or non existent 4G signal. Is there any advantage in adding your Wi-Fi router to the car?

No there is not.

The only value is if you want to use the in-car "internet radio" function but rely on tethering the car to your phone rather than buying a separate (and very expensive) data package for the car.

Updates don't use wifi.