ID3 Software Update v2.3

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
EagleID3

Post by EagleID3 »

Hello all

I received my new ID3 in early September and still haven't had the v2.3 update nor the email asking for approval to install this.

Just wanted to check if any others who had delivery of their cars around the same time are still waiting? I did query this with the We Connect support team around a month ago who advised "updates are being performed on a roll-out basis, therefore, some vehicles have already received the update and others will receive this in the near future."

Happy to be patient if others are still in the same boat...

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

EagleID3 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:19 pm I received my new ID3 in early September and still haven't had the v2.3 update nor the email asking for approval to install this.

You're not alone, plenty of folks in the UK Facebook group still haven't had emails.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I received my car in March, had the email on the 1st October and have been in email conversation with the We Connect support team and UK customer services for a few weeks now. The tech support team don't reply for approx. a week unless chased then they send out the same instruction telling me to start the update from the goodbye screen. They have zero idea what to do to resolve it.
VW UK Customer Services have told me it's nothing to do with them and they don't want to be involved. I told them the Navigation data wasn't updating either so they sent me a link to do it myself via the Navigation Pro update software, this requires the use of an SD card either a VW original supply or another one, but as the ID.3 system uses internal non removable storage you can't update that way, despite the web site listing ID.3 and ID.4. Unless there's a card in an SD slot somewhere that I have not found .

We've canned the idea of an order for an ID.4 that was a replacement for my wife's golf.. They're an absolute joke, I assume at some point the car will end up at a dealer's and they'll probably brick it. But currently they refuse to take it in anyway.
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Received the 2.3 email today, so lets see how long until they push the update itself to me...
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

They don't 'Push' the update, your car has to go look for it.. and it will only do that on a particular day when the wind is favourable and you've followed to the letter the 'Update - start up procedure' .. Good luck.
JohnDavid

Post by JohnDavid »

Hi

My ID3 installed a large update last week. Took over 1 hour. Does anyone know where to look to find out which version one has?

Thanks in advance. John Sheppard
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Picked car up last Friday. Was not able to pair the ID Connect in the showroom, I suspect because of weak signal. Sales guy drove the car out of the showroom onto the forecourt (his insurance not mine through a very narrow gap!). Once outside sat in the car for a few minutes making sure I knew where the controls were etc. Refused to start........as it was updating something. I had already checked that was on 2.3 so unsure what this "extra" was. After a few minutes- get out, lock, unlock get in - we were away. ID connect worked first time at home. Any ideas on the update?
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Probably Wecharge. Mine did the OTA to add that immediately when I set it up on the forecourt in January. Only took a minute.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

JohnDavid wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:10 pm Hi

My ID3 installed a large update last week. Took over 1 hour. Does anyone know where to look to find out which version one has?

Thanks in advance. John Sheppard
Infotainment - Settings - System information .. if it's 2.3 it will say so at the top of the screen and there's also a Software: XXXX number further down. 0792 is 2.1
0910 is 2.3
Iainicorn

Post by Iainicorn »

Hiya all,
I’ve had my ID.3 for about 4 weeks or so now. When I got the car I had a notification to say that it was downloading an update. 500 miles on the click later and it doesn’t seem to be moving at all. I can only charge my car at lidle/Tesco/shopping mall as I can’t have a charge point put at home.
I’m mainly using the car for short trips but I’ve done a couple 120 mile round trips to see my family.
Anyone got any tips on what to do to get this update downloaded quicker?
Sorry for being dim…I’m just new to car with tech and I’m not the most tech minded of people anyways. Thanks in advance
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

Iainicorn wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:09 pm Hiya all,
I’ve had my ID.3 for about 4 weeks or so now. When I got the car I had a notification to say that it was downloading an update. 500 miles on the click later and it doesn’t seem to be moving at all. I can only charge my car at lidle/Tesco/shopping mall as I can’t have a charge point put at home.
I’m mainly using the car for short trips but I’ve done a couple 120 mile round trips to see my family.
Anyone got any tips on what to do to get this update downloaded quicker?
Sorry for being dim…I’m just new to car with tech and I’m not the most tech minded of people anyways. Thanks in advance
When the update has finished downloading, a button will appear on the goodbye screen, giving you the option to install the update. It's pretty much a case of sitting tight until that happens!
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515