ID3 Software Update v2.3

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Tony1059

Post by Tony1059 »

What does the update add. Is it a necessary update?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Tony1059 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:45 pm What does the update add. Is it a necessary update?

It changes the messages you’ll see when the 2.3 rollout begins, and makes a tweak to the digital manual - that’s it.
Statten

Post by Statten »

Daveion wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:16 pm Mine came and went as well but when I looked at the update record there was something logged.
Will post a shot of whats there if its still showing in the morning.
Would be interested to see this so I can compare.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Nothing there this morning except the annoying data volume used up message. Like others only took the offer up to stop getting the internet radio not available message 😡
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
RollingJ

Post by RollingJ »

Leccy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:55 pm Wife says she saw a message about an update when she switched on this morning, but ignored it and drove to work. Just been out to have a look, no evidence of an update so I guess it will come up again at some point. No way of checking for updates like a phone eh 🤷‍♂️

Apparently the car will check in with the server for updates on a weekly basis.
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

Daveion wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:42 am Nothing there this morning except the annoying data volume used up message. Like others only took the offer up to stop getting the internet radio not available message 😡
Have you tried using your phone as a hotspot? Internet radio works that way.
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
RollingJ

Post by RollingJ »

Abadgermac wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:13 am
Daveion wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:42 am Nothing there this morning except the annoying data volume used up message. Like others only took the offer up to stop getting the internet radio not available message 😡

Hi,

My understanding is that the OTA updates will only come over the car's 4G connection. Home Wifi, phone hotspots etc. will not work.

Cheers, Peter.
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

RollingJ wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:21 am
Sorry. I didn’t mean use the phone to update. The e sim does that. I simply meant to use as a data carrier for internet radio.

Hi,

My understanding is that the OTA updates will only come over the car's 4G connection. Home Wifi, phone hotspots etc. will not work.

Cheers, Peter.
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
RollingJ

Post by RollingJ »

Abadgermac wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:24 am
RollingJ wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:21 am
Sorry. I didn’t mean use the phone to update. The e sim does that. I simply meant to use as a data carrier for internet radio.

Hi,

Cheers, Peter.

Ah, I getcha. :-)
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Is anyone able to post the PDF that apparently is on the First Movers Facebook page?

It covers stuff like poor network connectivity etc.

Ta

Avalon
ID.3 1st Edition
Gr4ndp4

Post by Gr4ndp4 »

Even better watch this
ID.3 Tech Pro in Scale Silver with East Derry 18" wheels
Deleted User 192

This video takes you through the new First Movers information:
RollingJ

Post by RollingJ »

scott28tt wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:32 pm This video takes you through the new First Movers information:
Useful information. Thanks.
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

After denying the update last Monday I still don't have the small one. I've got a suspicion that knowing VWs sick sense of humour, it asks for the update every week the same day. I wouldn't be surprised to turn my car on this coming Monday and it asks me to update.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

The above video mentions an 'Opt-in'email. Is that a first movers only thing or do all owners get the opt in option? 7 mins or so

If it is all owners have non 1st owners been getting the email?

I am just curios as I have not had to my nowledge any update OTA and a while back I had issues with the app and had to reset everything which at the time appeared to return my previous car to my account. I was wondering if I will need to be swept up in the re-trigger.
SiDai

Post by SiDai »

CarterHounslow wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:10 am After denying the update last Monday I still don't have the small one. I've got a suspicion that knowing VWs sick sense of humour, it asks for the update every week the same day. I wouldn't be surprised to turn my car on this coming Monday and it asks me to update.
Not quite sure what has happened with the update, if it was going to be the same day. Denied last Monday as needed to drive to work and then again when returning home denied again. Now today with the car having been parked in exactly the same place and adequate signal absolutely nothing. Is there any chance of VW communicating clearly and effectively how they plan to roll this out, or are they making it up as they go along? There doesn’t appear to be a great deal of transparency in this process, I appreciate it is new technology and they are undoubtedly learning themselves, but would it harm them or take a great deal of effort to communicate to their customers what is happening? Or am I expecting too much?
ProstetnicVogonJeltz

Post by ProstetnicVogonJeltz »

I had a message about the software upgrade pop up while I was driving (without internet connection) instead of when I switched the car on at home (connected). This probably counts as a safety hazard. It's hard to understand the reasoning behind it.
Bill Manhire’s not getting any younger.
Deleted User 192

G43FAN wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:57 pm The above video mentions an 'Opt-in'email. Is that a first movers only thing or do all owners get the opt in option? 7 mins or so

If it is all owners have non 1st owners been getting the email?

Yes it was a First Movers only thing, not all 1st Edition owners never mind owners of other specs.
Deleted User 192

SiDai wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:10 pm
CarterHounslow wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:10 am After denying the update last Monday I still don't have the small one. I've got a suspicion that knowing VWs sick sense of humour, it asks for the update every week the same day. I wouldn't be surprised to turn my car on this coming Monday and it asks me to update.
Not quite sure what has happened with the update, if it was going to be the same day. Denied last Monday as needed to drive to work and then again when returning home denied again. Now today with the car having been parked in exactly the same place and adequate signal absolutely nothing. Is there any chance of VW communicating clearly and effectively how they plan to roll this out, or are they making it up as they go along? There doesn’t appear to be a great deal of transparency in this process, I appreciate it is new technology and they are undoubtedly learning themselves, but would it harm them or take a great deal of effort to communicate to their customers what is happening? Or am I expecting too much?

The weekly poll applies to the 2.3 update, which is not generally available, but it seems the tiny update that went out generally last week doesn’t have the same schedule from the number of owner reports through Monday and Tuesday last week (and few since)
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

Hi
I think I’ve seen somewhere that the first part of the update is a small one and is done when the car is switched on or driving.
The second main update is when the car needs to be off and takes 4 hours.
So it may have been the first one you saw.
I’m sure others have more technical knowledge than me on this though
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car