ACC sensor/warnings in V Heavy rain

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Yesterday whilst on a 6.5 hour odyssey from North Norfolk to Manchester - we encountered some very heavy rain (20mph, roads about 5cm deep etc..). All was fine until a speeding transit van coming the other way sent a great wave / splash of water over to my side of the road with the usual slam of water against the car as it went through. 4-5 secs later had a couple of errors saying the ACC and early air bag deployment were disabled.

I’d guess the ACC sensor on the front bumper either got a bit too wet or suffered a bit of a bash from the water slamming into it. It cleared up about 5-10 min later of its own accord.

Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

I haven't an ID3 yet - only visited dealer Wednesday. However as far as ACC in torrential rain goes this is normal and happened on both my Tiguan and XC40 in heavy rain.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

👍👍
yummymummy11

Post by yummymummy11 »

I had the same on Monday, cleared again and haven’t seen it since either, good to know it’s a ‘known’ fault that will clear 👍🏻
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

As Salmonfisher has stated this is normal. I have had it happen on my Tiguan a few time in heavy rain, snowfall and muck sprayed up off the road.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Had it in heavy rain and heat. Tiguan used to do it.