Hello from Cambridgeshire

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
LordMouldySort

Post by LordMouldySort »

I couldn't wait for a new one so I'll be taking delivery of my second hand ID3 next week. I'm delighted. Really looking forward to it. Insurance sorted, waiting for a wall box quotation.

I found a software bug as I was test driving it. I was getting on a motorway with a 50mph speed restriction for roadworks. Cruise control happily got it up to 50 on the slip road but as soon as we joined the motorway it accelerated even though there were no further speed signs so I had to brake to slow it down to 50 again. They will upgrade it to 2.3 before I pick it up so maybe that will be fixed. If not I'll report it.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

LordMouldySort wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:03 am I found a software bug as I was test driving it. I was getting on a motorway with a 50mph speed restriction for roadworks. Cruise control happily got it up to 50 on the slip road but as soon as we joined the motorway it accelerated even though there were no further speed signs so I had to brake to slow it down to 50 again. They will upgrade it to 2.3 before I pick it up so maybe that will be fixed. If not I'll report it.

I don't expect that will be "fixed" in 2.3 - the car uses a combination of the front camera system and GPS/mapping data to determine the correct speed, sounds like in this case the GPS/mapping data has taken precedence.

It does things like this, it always has done.

So do other VWs, so do cars from other manufacturers.

My wife's Toyota Yaris thinks that the 30mph road that goes through our village is 20mph even though there isn't a single 20mph sign anywhere along it.

You can disable the speed detection portion of the cruise control.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

scott28tt wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:11 am
My wife's Toyota Yaris thinks that the 30mph road that goes through our village is 20mph even though there isn't a single 20mph sign anywhere along it.

Just the Yaris or does your ID.3 do this. I have found that my ID slows down to 20mph at every school in our area whether signed or not. (One of the reasons why I was looking at map updates, It looks like I am 3 versions behind now and more interested in that than 2.3)
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

G43FAN wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:39 pm
scott28tt wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:11 am

Just the Yaris or does your ID.3 do this. I have found that my ID slows down to 20mph at every school in our area whether signed or not. (One of the reasons why I was looking at map updates, It looks like I am 3 versions behind now and more interested in that than 2.3)

No, my ID.3 correctly thinks it's a 30 - always has.