Hello from Cirencester

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
J&EKnight

Post by J&EKnight »

Thank goodness I've found this forum. Collected 150kW Family Pro Performance 58kWh (Makena) last Friday and first impressions are really favourable as a driving car. The tech side of things are a bit bewildering and have really struggled to get the WeConnect bit up and running. I do have a phobia about range (I suspect all newbies have same feeling) and am disappointed to see a 100% charge show a range of a little over 200 miles - when I thought it should be closer to 300 miles. I will have to do the occasional 200 mile round trip to London and this is now a concern. Any thought on why this is the case?

Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Welcome to the forum.

I think 300 miles on a 58kWh battery is impossible, as the brochure range is 264 miles I think. For why it shows 200 now this could be a mix of temperature and driving style. The number constantly changes, what you need to keep an eye on is the battery percentage instead, and over time you get a feel for it.

A 200m round-trip will need at least one charge, depending on driving style and temperature. Recommend you try to keep it between 20-80%. Charging is very fast then.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

200 miles at motorway speeds from the 58kWh - maybe in the summer, I wouldn't expect to make that at this time of year, roll on April...

The WLTP figure which all manufacturers have to quote is a lab test which just happens to be conducted at what are ideal temperatures for EV batteries.
Moonstonegrey

Post by Moonstonegrey »

J&EKnight wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:06 am Thank goodness I've found this forum. Collected 150kW Family Pro Performance 58kWh (Makena) last Friday and first impressions are really favourable as a driving car. The tech side of things are a bit bewildering and have really struggled to get the WeConnect bit up and running. I do have a phobia about range (I suspect all newbies have same feeling) and am disappointed to see a 100% charge show a range of a little over 200 miles - when I thought it should be closer to 300 miles. I will have to do the occasional 200 mile round trip to London and this is now a concern. Any thought on why this is the case?
Welcome, you are just down the road from me.
58kWh 204 bhp Family Pro Performance. Moonstone Grey with Andoya Black 19” alloys.

Ordered 23/10/21
Order No. 31515XXX
Build week: Week 22 - 2022
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Welcome to the forum.
As others have said 58kW in Winter and motorway will need a stop and quick top up. A 30 min comfort break and 50kW DC charge in a 200 mile journey will be a breeze.
I wouldnt expect more than 3.2 mikes/kW on a motorway with heating on. If you have a destination charger you can afford to drop below 20% remaining charge.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22