New to the Volkswagen ID3 Forums

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
ID3Owner

Post by ID3Owner »

Hi all,
New here. Seriously considering an ID3 as my next car.
Here to find out more and share what I can!

It will be my first electric car so expect lots of newbie questions...

silver6d

Post by silver6d »

Hi There,

I have just taken delivery of an ID3 !st Edition, I am calling her Heidi.

I am loving the car but hating the software.
The small but lengthy user manual takes a lot to work through.

My first gripe is that the Navigation software does not recognise a UK postcode. Surely the quickest way to identify a destination.
Second, I have a super We Charge card preloaded with £500 credit, but charging points are few and far between. Looking at the IONITY map there are only 9 of their chargers in the whole of England.

Getting a home charger installed is not being straightforward for me. Elli, the VW subsidiary dealing with their chargers, has subcontracted installations to British Gas in the UK. A virtual site inspection by the BG engineer established that my 100 amp fuse had plenty of capacity for a 32 amp charger. He then submitted the information to my DNO, Distribution Network Operator, UK Power Networks. They have said that the electricity supply to my house, a 1970s semi, is shared with another property, so there may be an issue. I await further news, in the meantime I am paying Polar Instant to trickle charge into Heidi at the local Asda.

I look forward to hearing the experiences of other ID3 owners and their tips on mastering the software.

Best regards
Silver6d

IMG_3543.JPG