Family Pro Performance ordered! Derby, UK.

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
adas144

Post by adas144 »

Finally decided on a car for the better half and decided to go with the ID3 Family Pro Performance to replace her 2009 Hyundai i10 :? . After shortlisting the Mokka E, Kona and ID3 the VW got us. Main reason was the size and practicality and it was certainly by far the best to drive out of the 3. Car has been ordered via salary sacrifice scheme at work!

Not a virgin to BEVs, got myself a Polestar 2 Launch Edition in October 2020 and could not go back now. Always said we would keep 1 ICE and 1 BEV but after a year fully electric we are no longer worried about the range/charging and going for 2 BEVs. (fingers crossed, we haven't had any issues charging on our longer trips...yet).

For home charging got a dumb chargemaster installed by a local electrician who also fitted a Shelly 1 smart unit so can schedule charging from an easy to use App and integrates with Alexa home.

From the short time I've been browsing the forum and trying to get to grips with common problems I found it uncanny how similar the whole story seems to what I've experienced being an early adopter with the Polestar 2. Software bugs, 12v battery issues, scheduled charging not working whatsoever (from the cars side), features missing etc etc.

I've been quoted delivery approx Feb/March so hopefully this time round I shouldn't experience the 'Early Adopter' issues.

Look forward to chatting with you all.
Family Pro Performance - Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered: October '21
Arval Salary Sacrifice
Confirmed Build Week 26
Estimated by dealer: Before end of July

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Welcome. Good luck with the lead time.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Welcome.. Interesting and slightly comforting to hear that we're not alone with the issues.
adas144

Post by adas144 »

G43FAN wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:43 am Welcome.. Interesting and slightly comforting to hear that we're not alone with the issues.
Yes it sounds just as painful from what I've read so far! If it gives you any further comfort Polestar really have dropped a clanger.
Scheduled Charging = not even an option yet.
Scheduled cabin heating/conditioing = doesent work, completely random and deletes schedules on its own.
3 different projected ranges shown in the car.
'Phone as Key' and Mobile App completely useless and unusable.
Recall for 12v battery issues and lots of cars going dead.
Anti collision avoidance steering the car into oncoming traffic. (albeit rare but a good few occasions this has happened to a few owners)
Long periods of no 4g connectivity, rendering the OS useless and its google integrated.
Carplay / Android Auto still not available.

Its slowly getting better but yea it was a painful first year for many of us.
Arval Salary Sacrifice
Confirmed Build Week 26
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Welcome to the forum Adas144.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I was about to ask how you are finding the Polestar! :D
adas144

Post by adas144 »

MotMot wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:45 pm I was about to ask how you are finding the Polestar! :D
Dont get me wrong as a car it is bloody brilliant and I wouldnt change it for anything. Its just so frustrating it takes so long to fix all these little software related niggles that arent exactly novel tech. Getting scheduled charging or scheduled climate control should not be as difficult as it is but then again what do I know.

It is a fantastic car and if they get their stuff together I'd likely stay with the brand.
Arval Salary Sacrifice
Confirmed Build Week 26
durhamlad

Post by durhamlad »

Welcome and good luck with the lead time. We ordered an id.3 this week and have been quoted a delivery time of June.
id.3 Family Pro Performance ordered 8/11/21, build week 17, then 23 then 40, then 45, then 50, then delivery expected in January, 2023, picked up the car on January 16th. Yay!
Order number 31316***
Ivanfw

Post by Ivanfw »

Hi It's a great car I have had one since May 21 but on e drawback seems to be the heating system. We just got back from a 460 roundtrip to Somerset, my concern is the amount of range I lost when using g the heater at 20 degrees. this was exacibated by the fact that two of the charge points we had planned to use were out of action. we managed to get to where we needed to be by wrapping up warm, my wife had a hotter bottle and a blanket and we both had thermals on. As you might imagine my joking remark that it was a chance to experience what it was like in the early days of the motor car, was not much appreciated!
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Best to pre-heat the cabin while the car is charging, then rely more on heated seats and wheel while driving.
Moog

Post by Moog »

durhamlad wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:31 pm Welcome and good luck with the lead time. We ordered an id.3 this week and have been quoted a delivery time of June.
Same here - ordered on 15th Nov and got an order number that day - been quoted 30wks…

To order now for delivery in March suggests picking up a cancelled order of same spec (or similar that could be tweaked) - well done! I was offered a 10-15wk on a cancellation but at at a spec I didn’t want & couldn’t change, so declined. I guess it depends on what your dealer has in the pipeline - when they get a cancellation they know they will keep them on the books as they know they can still sell it on in time before delivery in the current climate.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (204ps/58kWh) in Makena Turquoise, 19” Andoya, Sport pack, Infotainment+, heat-pump, bi-colour silver, Bike Hitch.
Ordered 15 Nov 21 (wk46/21)
Finally built wk9/23 & collected wk16!
17 months + 2days!
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Congratulations I ordered virtually the same model with alloys but with a heatpump in August and hoping for a March delivery.