odd on id.3

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

hi members,
what looked strange is that living in 2020 this technical beautifull car is presented , and the trunk has to be opened by hand.
the cheapest hybrid or ev has a trunk that can be opened automaticaly with the carkey or by swiping your feet below the car.
maybe i missed something but i couldn't find it in the specs and didn't saw it in the demo films.
can anyone fill me in on this matter?

Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

I was at the London Pre Bookers event in January. There was no mention of this at the presentation - and it is certainly not on the list of features described in the brochure which was handed out to attendees on the day.
I have to add I thought the presentation was all a bit vague. There was a car available for inspection, but none of the electrics were functioning in the demo vehicle, which I thought was a bit suspicious given all the coverage at that time of the disputed "software issues."
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I think VW do have this on some models, but it depends on the trim level and which country you're in.
I know the Tiguan has it in the UK, but I don't think the Golf does.