Scheduled Charging using Podpoint charger

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
DJC

Post by DJC »

Hi

I apologise if this is obvious, but as a newcomer to electric cars and charging it has taken me a long time to work out the best procedure for scheduled charging taking advantage of overnight rates. I have suffered a great deal of frustration at the absence of information. (What happened to the manual!). I have not been able to find anyway to schedule a charge from the car itself. I believe I now have a system which works, as follows:

1. Set charging percentage on car
2. Go to PodPoint App ‘At Home’ at the bottom and then go to ‘Manage Schedules’.
3. Go to correct day (if in doubt go to both days either side) and switch on the ‘Schedule Active’. Then ‘Save’
4. Go to PodPoint check that it is unlocked (key slot vertical) and a solid green light (flashing green light means its locked and schedule won’t work).
5. Plug in cable at PodPoint and on car.
6. Leave to charge
7. At end of charge process: click 3 times on car key lock to ensure cable is released, disconnect cable at either end. Re-lock PodPoint.
8. Go to Pod point App and switch off ‘Schedule Active’ for the days you switched on (this will then allow immediate charging should you want to do at other than the scheduled times).
9. Note: if you need to add further charge you can only do this after step 8, in this case you only need to disconnect the cable at the car end and then plug in again (in this case don’t re-lock the PodPoint as in step 7!).

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I'm glad I have a tethered charger with no lock on it.

If I ever need a manual charge I just turn the schedule off and wait for 15 minutes before plugging in.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

👌
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22