Newbie and worried about the bugs

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
BelfastID3

Post by BelfastID3 »

Hi there. I’m from Belfast and ordered my ID3 near the end of Oct - i was previously told second quarter 22 but when my Polo was being serviced in Feb they checked and it had been push back to September.

I’m just getting worried that I’ve ordered a car that has so many bugs coming with it, given what I’ve read on here and other forums. Maybe I’m just paranoid lol

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Some people get significant problems but (at least with more recent software versions) the vast majority of people only seem to see minor glitches that aren't a big deal and usually fix themselves after a restart. I wouldn't say the bugs are a reason not to get the car. Perhaps unless you were reliant on timed charging to make a high mileage affordable and you already had a dumb charger installed with no way of fitting a smart charger... but even then the bugs in the timed charging function are (supposed to be) being fixed soon.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
BelfastID3

Post by BelfastID3 »

I just got a wallbox fitted - i won’t be doing high mileage roughly 8k per year - i suppose by joining and posting i hope to reassure myself by reading all experiences
vanb

Post by vanb »

Hi BelfastID3

I’ve had my ID3 Life Pro Performance for a week now and loving it. No problems.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Since I've had 2.3 the only problem I've experienced is the failing to connect to Internet and I've used the remove fuse trick to cure it in fact in the 17 months I've had it it's never been off the road
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
BelfastID3

Post by BelfastID3 »

Thanks everyone.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Had my car since the end of December 2020.
My only niggle is one section of the folding rear seat back rattles on certain road surfaces.
On the original SW 0594? there were some little niggles but none that stopped the car being a great pleasure to drive.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
ytshome

Post by ytshome »

The way that the journalists reviewed the id4 and id3 software initially it's no wonder we are all a bit paranoid but the truth is that, as with any car and I have lots of different brands, you get the odd issue but in the scheme of things mine have been very small and just minor niggles. My experience of the car and the software system is that whilst I would prefer physical buttons inside the car and for the app to allow far more features, the system as it is works far better than I feared it would and in some areas it's pretty smart.
BelfastID3

Post by BelfastID3 »

ytshome wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:59 pm The way that the journalists reviewed the id4 and id3 software initially it's no wonder we are all a bit paranoid but the truth is that, as with any car and I have lots of different brands, you get the odd issue but in the scheme of things mine have been very small and just minor niggles. My experience of the car and the software system is that whilst I would prefer physical buttons inside the car and for the app to allow far more features, the system as it is works far better than I feared it would and in some areas it's pretty smart.
Reassuring thank you.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

A lot of 'reviewers' (self proclaimed experts and journalists) are regurgitating the original review comments from 1st editions with the original software as they are too lazy/incapable of reviewing a car properly. I know of at least two individuals who have done videos in the last few months with cars that are still on 2.1 or earlier making a lot of their comments irrelevant. Another issue is they have so little time with the car they don't know how any of it functions. e.g. a reviewer stating that there was no way to tell the battery percentage. (There is but it's not on the binnacle (yet))

Had the car 12 months, had some niggles, the Online communication is one that is flaky but doesn't really bother me that much. Had one serious breakdown which was resolved very quickly, especially as it was between Boxing day and New Year. (Can't say I was impressed with the dealership but that was their staff and customer service or lack of)

Car is great to drive, very comfortable on long journeys and short. If the world had been different I would have had a second one by now. (or an ID.4)
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Had ours since December 2020, super happy. 2 problems - 1. Aircon was misaligned and back in for the same and 2. Creaking panoramic sun roof (fixed)

We have over 32K on the clock, have driven across Spain without concerns, comfortable, nippy and safe. Matrix headlights insanely good.

Like G43FAN, things being different, we'd have another.
Lester

Post by Lester »

Understandable. I've had mine for almost a year now. It's been a mainly positive experience and I'm glad I bought it. A couple of bugs - one requiring a visit to the workshop.

I bought one of the very first iMacs and for a very long time I was the only person I knew who had one. I'm not particularly computer savvy and it took me a while to get to grips with it. I guess it's like any emerging technology.

Good luck
Jamh2000

Post by Jamh2000 »

Had mine since July 21. No bugs really - the odd error message that goes away after restart. Whilst upgrading software I also got error messages but disappeared once the update finished.

1st editions that were rushed to market also had more problems initially mainly due to early version software.

Frustrating the Which? Magazine has declared the car ‘unreliable’ seemingly based on a few reports from 1st edition owners.
ID.3 Life Pro, Manganese Grey
steve

Post by steve »

I guess people are more likely to post with problems than post that everything is great.

Had ours for a year / 8500 miles. No problems since the 2.3 update except that the timed charge thing still doesn't work (which I personally don't need) and the app doesn't work (which is a pain sometimes). On balance it has my vote.
van

Post by van »

By the time you get your car the software should be at latest version. A lot of the issues being raised here and on the FB groups etc will have gone/been replaced by something else 🤪

As another poster said very few people use social media to say how happy they are with their car/charger/dealer. If they did we'd be suspicious, or am too cynical?
Family Pro Moonstone Grey
East Derry alloys, Heat pump.
Ordered 5 Aug 21.
Build started 18 Nov 21.
Left Factory 3 Feb 22.
Arrived with dealer 27 Feb 22.
Collected from dealer 9 Mar 22.
lm7693

Post by lm7693 »

Also from Belfast!

I have had my ID.3 since September 2020, and an ID.4 since April 2021. I haven't really had any problems since the 2.3 update last year. The only outstanding issue is the timed charging feature not working properly, which would not be an issue at all if I had a charger that let me set the charging time to match the discounted period. Even this issue will hopefully be fixed by the next update in time for you getting your delivery.
ID. 3 1st Edition v3.2 Sept 2020
ID. 4 1st Edition v3.2 April 2021
VW ID. Charger Pro