Soon to be an owner.........

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

Hi All,
I ordered an id.3 from my local VW dealer in Dundee on the 31st October 2021. All very easy and relatively painless.
An estimated delivery date of the 2nd May 2022 has come and gone. I still don't have a build date which means the car isn't going to be here for a few months more.
As a sometime lurker, I am aware of all the reasons for the delays VW are trying to cope with, some of which are out with their control.
I wish it wasn't so but it is what it is.
The salesman has started to phone me at the beginning of each month to 'update' me on any progress on the build date. That's a short conversation.
Anyhoo, this forum is a pretty good source for all things id.3.
Have a great weekend
roybosh
Family Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey, 18" Derry Alloys, Transport Hitch, Heat Pump
Ordered 31 October 2021
Build Date, December 2022, week 50
picked up 12/01/23 with software 3.2

Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Welcome mate! I'm sure someone on here recently said that cars were arriving at the dealerships but the systems were still playing catch up..still sitting at code 00 etc.
So whatever the dealership has on the screen could be old news and not updated yet.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

roybosh wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:52 pm Hi All,
I ordered an id.3 from my local VW dealer in Dundee on the 31st October 2021. All very easy and relatively painless.
An estimated delivery date of the 2nd May 2022 has come and gone. I still don't have a build date which means the car isn't going to be here for a few months more.
As a sometime lurker, I am aware of all the reasons for the delays VW are trying to cope with, some of which are out with their control.
The salesman has started to phone me at the beginning of each month to 'update' me on any progress on the build date. That's a short conversation.
Have a great weekend
roybosh
Welcome to the forum ! You are 7 days prior to me ordering, still no build date here either, I'm now convinced its just going to randomly turn up unannounced as I've just put money into my current Passat to keep it going lol
Mo1

Post by Mo1 »

Have a great weekend
roybosh
Hi and welcome,
Woo hoo another Dundonian, well I'm in Wellbank but close enough, few more and we'll be able to have an owners meet :)
I enquired at Barnetts and was told it would be around a year, that was in January so looked for a low mileage used, found one in Newcastle and loving every minute of it.
Sure we will meet at a charger in Dundee at some point once you take delivery.
iD3 Tour 77kWh, White 73 Plate.
Octopus energy £50 referral https://share.octopus.energy/ashen-mule-519

Octopus Juice £5 referral https://electricjuice.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=ashen-mule-519
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

Father in Law, also from Dundee, ordered an ID3 in September and was told May, then June, delivery. Still nothing for him yet.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Mo1

Post by Mo1 »

Was that Barnetts? That'll be 3 of us for a Dundee owners meet :)
iD3 Tour 77kWh, White 73 Plate.
Octopus energy £50 referral https://share.octopus.energy/ashen-mule-519

Octopus Juice £5 referral https://electricjuice.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=ashen-mule-519
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

Jamie1c wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:51 pm Welcome mate! I'm sure someone on here recently said that cars were arriving at the dealerships but the systems were still playing catch up..still sitting at code 00 etc.
So whatever the dealership has on the screen could be old news and not updated yet.
Thanks for the welcome, it's a waiting game. At least the software will be improving all the time
Family Pro Performance
Ordered 31 October 2021
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

Mo1 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:21 pm
Have a great weekend
roybosh
Hi and welcome,
Woo hoo another Dundonian, well I'm in Wellbank but close enough, few more and we'll be able to have an owners meet :)
I enquired at Barnetts and was told it would be around a year, that was in January so looked for a low mileage used, found one in Newcastle and loving every minute of it.
Sure we will meet at a charger in Dundee at some point once you take delivery.
I'm actually from across the bridge in a wee place called Fife, but pretty near Dundee. :D

I'm sure or path will cross somewhere
Family Pro Performance
Ordered 31 October 2021
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

Mo1 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:01 am Was that Barnetts? That'll be 3 of us for a Dundee owners meet :)
It was, We tested a few cars in Dundee, the id.3 suited us the best.

I live in Fife, but that might be a suburb of that fine city
Family Pro Performance
Ordered 31 October 2021
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

Greetings from near Livingston - we ordered from a choice of one trim level in March when lead times were 60+ weeks and recently got an update from Western to say our build date is September. Optimist in me hopes for this year some time - we will see.

We tried everything (including the Model Y) and I used the Co Wheels Car Club in Dundee to try the MGS and i3 and the id.3 suited us best too, which was a pleasant surprise.

A.
ID.3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White & East Derry Wheels
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
Collected from Western Volkswagen Fort Kinnaird on 01 April 2023
Jiffie

Post by Jiffie »

Hi, from another Fifer, we are in Glenrothes. We ordered our Family Pro last September from Arnold Clark in Stirling and took possession of it last week. So hopefully you will get yours soon. Arnold Clark phoned us last month, (May), to tell us that they had got a build date of July for our car, they phoned a few weeks ago to say our car had arrived and we could pick it up whenever. There was then a slight delay of about a week as there was a problem with the system which deals with the Government Grants and they couldn't tax the car until this was resolved, else the grant would be lost.

It was no biggy and was sorted out after about 5 days after which we got the car.

So another one for the meet 8-)
VW ID3 Family Pro, Steel Wheels, Stonewashed Blue. Registered 2022, Firmware Version 3.0. Wallbox Pulsar Plus charger.
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

Jiffie wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:33 pm Hi, from another Fifer, we are in Glenrothes. We ordered our Family Pro last September from Arnold Clark in Stirling and took possession of it last week. So hopefully you will get yours soon. Arnold Clark phoned us last month, (May), to tell us that they had got a build date of July for our car, they phoned a few weeks ago to say our car had arrived and we could pick it up whenever. There was then a slight delay of about a week as there was a problem with the system which deals with the Government Grants and they couldn't tax the car until this was resolved, else the grant would be lost.

It was no biggy and was sorted out after about 5 days after which we got the car.

So another one for the meet 8-)
I've still no build date, still waiting. I'm starting to ask what goodwill gestures they might make. 10 months waiting, not sure when the meet might take place :-(
Family Pro Performance
Ordered 31 October 2021
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

Yesterday, Monday 5th September I got a call from the salesman at the VW dealer
Salesman Hello, this is your monthly update phone call. I have some good news for you.
Me Great, I was hoping for some good news
Salesman I have a build date for your ID.3.
Me Thats progress, tell me more
Salesman The build is due for second week in December
Me Ok, I was hoping for an earlier build date. Then it's 4-6 weeks for delivery which puts it back to mid/end of January
Salesman I can't, at this stage, promise that the dates will be accurate. But yes.
Me That means it will have been 15 months since I placed the order. (October 2021)
Salesman That is pretty average for the current situation. I've heard of 20-24 months for some models. But at least it's been scheduled.
Me On one hand my delay in getting a car is pretty much a first world problem. On the other hand I can't believe that VW and the dealers have been unable to
put a plan in place to mitigate these circumstances............Maybe they have.
Salesman I can only apologise and wish that your car arrives as soon as it can. Thank you for your patience. I will keep you up to date with any information pertaining to
your car becomes available. If not I'll call back in a month like I've promised.
Me Ok, speak to you in October.

So, there we are, progress. Registered before March 2023 will be on a 72 plate perhaps.
Family Pro Performance
Ordered 31 October 2021
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

Hi,

I received an e-mail from the dealer telling me that my car had been built and left the factory on the 2nd December.

3-6 weeks to reach the dealer was the estimate. Maybe a lovely Christmas present?

Cheers all

Roybosh
Family Pro Performance
Ordered 31 October 2021
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

roybosh wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:13 pm Hi,

I received an e-mail from the dealer telling me that my car had been built and left the factory on the 2nd December.

3-6 weeks to reach the dealer was the estimate. Maybe a lovely Christmas present?

Cheers all

Roybosh
Update: The car will be at the dealer tomorrow and ready for pick up on Thursday 12th January.
It was ordered on the 31st October 2021, left the factory on the 2nd December 2022, delivered to the dealer on the 10th January.
Just over 14 months all told
Family Pro Performance
Ordered 31 October 2021
ranxzy

Post by ranxzy »

Post pics if possible please :mrgreen:
Week 47 22 built Family Pro
Moonstone Grey
East Derrys
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

Well, after 14 months (and a bit) I picked up my car this afternoon. A wet dreich day didn't dampen my mood.

Tomorrow I will be entertaining my wife by sitting in the car and setting up the multitude of parameters available for hours on end.

Hope anyone still waiting for their car has a timely resolution

Roybosh

IMG_3376.jpg

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

Family Pro Performance
Ordered 31 October 2021
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

roybosh wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:31 pm Well, after 14 months (and a bit) I picked up my car this afternoon. A wet dreich day didn't dampen my mood.

Tomorrow I will be entertaining my wife by sitting in the car and setting up the multitude of parameters available for hours on end.

Hope anyone still waiting for their car has a timely resolution

Roybosh
Happy new car day, it looks great! Exactly how mine will look one day I hope 🤞🏻
ranxzy

Post by ranxzy »

Looks great, looking forward to collecting mine on Monday too.
Week 47 22 built Family Pro
Moonstone Grey
East Derrys