Hello… again!

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Moog

Post by Moog »

Hi All,

Thought I’d re-introduce myself as it’s been a while since I was last on here! (I got fed up with certain fruit-cakes so dropped off in December, but now see they haven’t been here since January, and all seems good now! :) )

So I ordered my ID3 in November and still do not have a build date yet - I’m hoping I’ll have it this year, but not convinced… :lol:

In Feb I needed to start doing more business miles after we moved our main office, and since a 50-yr-old slammed & tuned Bug is not ideal for a 220mile round trip commute, and having also several times driven that trip in my wife’s Golf only to find her laptop in the boot (boy, was I in trouble! :o ), and we had a forlorn Zappi being taken over by the spiders, I went and bought a 2-yr-old Peugeot e208 at start of March. It’s an excellent little car but definitely lacking in rear space, spec & range compared to the ID3. It’s definitely been a good learning experience so far over the 7000 miles I’ve done in 5 months, getting to grips with charging out & about, both locally and on long trips. I don’t have range anxiety or even much charger anxiety now - just learned to plan ahead a bit.

Also it helped me convince my wife over EV life, so when the ID3 comes it will replace her Golf not my e208 and we will be a 2-EV household! Now I just need to find the cash to convert the Bug & Bus well ;)

4F329519-0FA0-4D15-9822-9487F71EE7D1.jpeg

ID.3 Family Pro Performance (204ps/58kWh) in Makena Turquoise, 19” Andoya, Sport pack, Infotainment+, heat-pump, bi-colour silver, Bike Hitch.
Ordered 15 Nov 21 (wk46/21)
Finally built wk9/23 & collected wk16!
17 months + 2days!

DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Haha maybe Cherry will start posting again now.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
Moog

Post by Moog »

DickieBoy wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:31 pm Haha maybe Cherry will start posting again now.
I don’t know who you mean… :) :lol:
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (204ps/58kWh) in Makena Turquoise, 19” Andoya, Sport pack, Infotainment+, heat-pump, bi-colour silver, Bike Hitch.
Ordered 15 Nov 21 (wk46/21)
Finally built wk9/23 & collected wk16!
17 months + 2days!