Brand New ID3 Owner

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Peekaboochicken

Post by Peekaboochicken »

Hi everyone!
We (finally, after waiting since October) picked up our new ID3 Family Pro, and I absolutely love it.
However, probably due to me not being very handy with anything technical, I am struggling at times with the various, and seemingly endless options on the infotainment system.
It seems quite glitchy and temperamental but I never know if it's me or not.
One question that's really bugging me at the minute, is is there any way to save the ambient light settings for the primary user?
It never saves what was last used, so I have to keep resetting (to a very fetching pink, much to my 11 year old son's disgust) the colour every time I get in.
Thanks everyone for your help-I'm pretty sure I'll be asking many more questions!
VW ID3 Family Pro Performance
Moonstone grey
2022 registration
🥰

DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Hello and welcome! congrats on getting the car and I hope you can figure it out soon. Personally, I like the pink, but then, I'm an old fart not a young lad! :)
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Mines the same and doesn't seem to remember any settings!
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Hi I too have just taken delivery of new Family Pro and am mystified by some settings. Understanding how to set cruise control without the car wanting to travel at whatever it thinks the speed limit is has defeated me so far. The ID light doesn't work and yesterday cruise control was unavailable with message of 'master switch deactivated'. I have now found the master switch so that one is solved.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

JohnP wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:30 am Hi I too have just taken delivery of new Family Pro and am mystified by some settings. Understanding how to set cruise control without the car wanting to travel at whatever it thinks the speed limit is has defeated me so far.
Go to the assist menu, find the ACC settings and disable 'speed limit preview'
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

JohnP wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:30 am Hi I too have just taken delivery of new Family Pro and am mystified by some settings. Understanding how to set cruise control without the car wanting to travel at whatever it thinks the speed limit is has defeated me so far. The ID light doesn't work and yesterday cruise control was unavailable with message of 'master switch deactivated'. I have now found the master switch so that one is solved.
What are they calling the master switch?
Jiffie

Post by Jiffie »

Peekaboochicken wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:46 pm Hi everyone!
We (finally, after waiting since October) picked up our new ID3 Family Pro, and I absolutely love it.
However, probably due to me not being very handy with anything technical, I am struggling at times with the various, and seemingly endless options on the infotainment system.
It seems quite glitchy and temperamental but I never know if it's me or not.
One question that's really bugging me at the minute, is is there any way to save the ambient light settings for the primary user?
It never saves what was last used, so I have to keep resetting (to a very fetching pink, much to my 11 year old son's disgust) the colour every time I get in.
Thanks everyone for your help-I'm pretty sure I'll be asking many more questions!
Hi, we just took delivery of our Family Pro last week and are loving it too. Never had any problem with retaining settings for the Primary User, i.e. me!, having problems setting up a secondary user though, think there is a bug on this. I did discover a problem with the Guest User retaining settings though. It's a bit confusing, I think ATM my wife can only login as a guest and would have to login via her My Connect app every time she wants to drive the car on her profile, which is not ideal. What would be good is for her to have her own icon on the Users screen. Hopefully VW will make this an option on a future update. In the meantime it's no big deal for her to just drive on the Primary User option.
VW ID3 Family Pro, Steel Wheels, Stonewashed Blue. Registered 2022, Firmware Version 3.0. Wallbox Pulsar Plus charger.
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

The master switch turned out to be the one on the steering wheel that you use to turn off cruise control. If cruise control is not in action turning it off deactivates cruise control. Pressing it again makes CC available again.
Peekaboochicken

Thank you all so much for the lovely and friendly replies!
I'm so glad it's not just my dim-wittedness that is causing my frustration at times.
I too,had the problem whereby I couldn't register as the Primary user.
For a few days I had to make do as being a Guest, and I wasn't allowed to access many of the features.
But after driving around several locations to try out different WiFi connections, an update became available, which meant I was finally able to finish registering as Primary user.
I'm still having trouble trying to workout how to save the ambient lighting settings.
Also, everytime I get into the car, a message along the lines of, "new settings are available for user. Do you want to apply them?".
I usually tap "confirm", but this then resets the ambient lighting back to blue.
I'm not sure what else it means by "new settings", as apart from repeatedly trying to change the interior lighting to my choice, I don't change anything.
I'm sure I'll working out eventually, but it's pretty irritating.
Why have the choice to change the ambient lighting, if the car won't let you keep it that way!
While I'm on a moan, does anyone else have trouble with voice control?
I really don't need it, but it would be really useful to get it to actually listen to me and understand what is asked of it!
I tried several times yelling at it to turn up the AC, but just kept it repeating back that it either didn't hear me, or it couldn't do that.
I've tried with other commands, such as "turn radio on", etc, and still the same.
And don't get me started on the We connect app!
It either spends half it's time crashing, or just won't respond.
Other than that, we love our new car!
I'm pretty sure it's my incompetence most of the time, but it's great to hear that I'm not alone in struggling with it at times!
🥰
Moonstone grey
2022 registration
🥰
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Glad you're enjoying some special bonding moments with the car! Please tell me there is some good stuff to look forwards to!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Peekaboochicken

Oh no! Don't get me wrong-I love the ID3, but it can be a bit glitchy.
I think I cracked the voice control-most of the time.
It seems for certain things, it's pretty word specific.
I was asking it "to turn down fan", but it only seems to recognise "turn down blower".
But I've no doubt you'll love your new car!
Moonstone grey
2022 registration
🥰
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Peekaboochicken wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:08 pm Oh no! Don't get me wrong-I love the ID3, but it can be a bit glitchy.
I think I cracked the voice control-most of the time.
It seems for certain things, it's pretty word specific.
I was asking it "to turn down fan", but it only seems to recognise "turn down blower".
But I've no doubt you'll love your new car!
Re: voice control, I noticed recently that the in car manual (in the 'Help' menu) has a load of voice control instructions in it now. I don't think that was there a while ago? (I'm on 2.4).
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Peekaboochicken

Re: voice control, I noticed recently that the in car manual (in the 'Help' menu) has a load of voice control instructions in it now. I don't think that was there a while ago? (I'm on 2.4).
Yes! I discovered the tutorial, which helped a lot with working out the best way to use voice control!
I think I'm just going to have to do some researching on all things ID3-I think Cambridge University should think about doing a masters in it!
🙂
Moonstone grey
2022 registration
🥰
scurry

Post by scurry »

WRT voice control and fans / ac I don't think it's supported.. don't ask me why! You can tell it to play music etc., but not something useful 🤨