New Tiguan Rline

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tiguan

Post by Tiguan »

Hi to the ID.3 family,

I've ordered a 2022 Tiguan in September 2021 and was told the build time would be week 16 of 2022. Closer to week 16 it moved to week 34, as the War in Russia/Ukraine was the excuse. Today I'm told that build time is moved to week 02 of 2023. I don't know what to think about Volkswagen or I'm I been pushed around by my dealer.
Does anyone have an idea on what I should do.

Thanks
Julian

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Tiguan wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:48 pm Hi to the ID.3 family,

I've ordered a 2022 Tiguan in September 2021 and was told the build time would be week 16 of 2022. Closer to week 16 it moved to week 34, as the War in Russia/Ukraine was the excuse. Today I'm told that build time is moved to week 02 of 2023. I don't know what to think about Volkswagen or I'm I been pushed around by my dealer.
Does anyone have an idea on what I should do.

Thanks
Julian
It's just the way VW are with theirsupply chainright now - a lot of other car companies are reporting big waits too. Ukraine do/did supply pretty much all of VAGs wiring looms.

If you're willing to travel, it might be worth keeping an eye on new VWs available and advertised on autotrader.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

I ordered a Tiguan R-Line a month before the OP (August 2021). Fortunately my dealer has never given me a build date as they are only guesses and not firm until given a code 20 and confirmed build date by the factory in Germany. Dealers mostly do give these estimated build dates as they are under pressure to keep customers informed but perhaps don't make it clear that they are indeed just guesses!

So, no they are not pushing you around - they are just as clueless as anyone else!

I expect mine to arrive early next year too.
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!