Hi ID3 owners ID3 max or 1st ED

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
ID-Ian

Post by ID-Ian »

I am in the process of moving from an e-golf to an id3 and have an id3 max with 19” wheels on order ( expected Jan)
My dealer has been in touch offering me a stock ID3 1st edition (choice of colours) with £3500 discount ( £3000 VW deposit contribution and £500 discount) making a massive £6500 difference between the max and the 1st edition.

What is your opinion?
I have been through the comparison of specification and from what I can tell moving from a max to a 1st edition I will loose the following options:

Sports pack plus
Adaptive Chasis control
Dynamic steering
Sports suspension

Augmented head up display
Comfort telephony with LTE and wireless charging
Lane keeping system / traffic jam assist
Panoramic Glass roof
Beats audio 8 speaker audio system

Most of these options I am not to concerned about but the only ones I am not sure about and might be a deal breaker is the audio system

I have always had upgraded audio in all of my recent cars and I am concerned that the id3 1st edition does not have rear speakers or subwoofer.

Also: Comfort telephony with LTE and wireless charging- What is this - is this just wireless charging for your phone?

Can any ID3 owners advise on the performance of the audio system?
I am not an audiophile but Should I be concerned about the lack of speakers. can it be upgraded?

£6500 is a massive price difference so would have money to spare to spend on an audio upgrade and wireless charging if it is an option

Any thoughts?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Sadly, the Toyota Aygo I just had as a hire car while waiting for a new windscreen sounded better than my ID3 1st does ;-)

No idea how much better the series cars will sound, but the 1st has no rear speaker wiring so it might be a job to do an upgrade - then again you'd have a lot of money to do it with!

Not sure what "comfort telephony with LTE" means, but wireless charging would be good - I've just ordered a very thin charging pad and cable to pop in my 1st as an alternative.
Robsto

Post by Robsto »

If you have the chance to change buy a different car altogether this car is not worth the money