ID3 Home Charging

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rosiegloe

Re: ID3 Home Charging

Post by Rosiegloe » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:37 pm

Thanks,Scott
I’ve been to the Osprey charger and the We Charge card didn't work!
The car is now on the slow 13 amp charge at home to get it up to 80% as it was down to 25% and the PodPoint Home charger is still not working.
Back to the dealer tomorrow re the VW Charge Card methinks! 🤨

NorwichComputersAndy

Post by NorwichComputersAndy » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:36 pm

I have had the Ohme charger installed - comes with a 4G sim which allows you to communicate with it with no subscription etc. This allows me using their app to set a schedule to only charge between 11pm and 4am using the OctopusEnergy go 5p per KWH - makes for super cheep charging!

Have to say the Ohme app is a bit clunky vs pod point for example however once the schedules set up I haven’t had the need to use it as it looks after itself and the car!

scott28tt

Post by scott28tt » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:43 pm

Go is 00:30-04:30 cheap rate, unless you have Go Faster?

I switched to Agile as it gives me more freedom to charge the car in the day, plus the overnight rates are often lower than the Go rate.

SteveGC

Post by SteveGC » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:01 pm

Hi has anyone had their We Charge rejected. I have yet to take advantage of the £500 credit. You should be able to use it at any charge point the app identifies with green dot. I spoke to the help for one of those charges who confirmed they accepted we charge cards but others had reported problems. I contacted VW support who said they would escalate my complaint and get back to me by email. I am still waiting.