ID3 Home Charging

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rosiegloe

Post by Rosiegloe »

Thanks,Scott
I’ve been to the Osprey charger and the We Charge card didn't work!
The car is now on the slow 13 amp charge at home to get it up to 80% as it was down to 25% and the PodPoint Home charger is still not working.
Back to the dealer tomorrow re the VW Charge Card methinks! 🤨

NorwichComputersAndy

Post by NorwichComputersAndy »

I have had the Ohme charger installed - comes with a 4G sim which allows you to communicate with it with no subscription etc. This allows me using their app to set a schedule to only charge between 11pm and 4am using the OctopusEnergy go 5p per KWH - makes for super cheep charging!

Have to say the Ohme app is a bit clunky vs pod point for example however once the schedules set up I haven’t had the need to use it as it looks after itself and the car!
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Go is 00:30-04:30 cheap rate, unless you have Go Faster?

I switched to Agile as it gives me more freedom to charge the car in the day, plus the overnight rates are often lower than the Go rate.
SteveGC

Post by SteveGC »

Hi has anyone had their We Charge rejected. I have yet to take advantage of the £500 credit. You should be able to use it at any charge point the app identifies with green dot. I spoke to the help for one of those charges who confirmed they accepted we charge cards but others had reported problems. I contacted VW support who said they would escalate my complaint and get back to me by email. I am still waiting.
talaipwros

Post by talaipwros »

SteveGC wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:01 pm Hi has anyone had their We Charge rejected. I have yet to take advantage of the £500 credit. You should be able to use it at any charge point the app identifies with green dot. I spoke to the help for one of those charges who confirmed they accepted we charge cards but others had reported problems. I contacted VW support who said they would escalate my complaint and get back to me by email. I am still waiting.
the real question to ask I guess is " can we return the card please and get some money instead? "
Rosiegloe

Post by Rosiegloe »

That’s a great idea! Anyone willing to hVe a go?
Deleted User 192

talaipwros wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:20 pm the real question to ask I guess is " can we return the card please and get some money instead? "

I have a strong expectation the answer would be a big fat NO - I shall be trying my best to use as much of the credit as I can 😊
Rosiegloe

Post by Rosiegloe »

Good luck with that! I guess you’ll struggle to use it up!
Deleted User 192

I have an Osprey 50kW not far away, so can switch to charging there instead of at home if I get myself organised - really need the COVID restrictions to be loosened for more days out and road trips!
Rosiegloe

Post by Rosiegloe »

Have you managed to use the We Charge at the Osprey? Mine didn’t work.
Deleted User 192

I haven’t tried yet, from what I read elsewhere there was a We Charge issue this week that stopped it working with some partners (including Osprey)
Rosiegloe

Post by Rosiegloe »

This is such a minefield!
Good news for me is my home Podpoint is working now, EDF missed out an attachment when they connected the lead in the meter box. The Podpoint engineer that visited was great and fixed it straight away. 😊
Miki

Post by Miki »

scott28tt wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:36 am Your dealer was feeling generous giving you a granny lead - they're £185 :-)

I did my first "test" public charge at one of the Tesco 7kW Pod Point chargers, I have a 50kW Osprey not too far away which I will be using to burn through some of the £500 credit
Hello Scott, I too traded in my Leaf for an ID3 Life few days ago, have Octopus Go, PodPoint and as you guys am quite disappointed not to be able to schedule the charge (VW I hope you are making notes).

I wish to thank you for all the useful info you shared on this thread so far. I will look into the Agile option.
May I please check what is the £500 credit you guys mention here? Wish to check if I am eligible. Thank you in advance :)
Leaf since May 2018, ID3 Life since Dec. 2020
Coopear

Post by Coopear »

@miki, the £500/2000kWh credit is a 12 month VW offer for charging at some public chargers (mostly but not entirely Ionity ones). Look on the WeConnectID app at the We Charge section in your profile. You can apply there but I don’t know whether it’s a deal that has ended now. If you can’t get it to work it’s definitely worth asking your dealer.
Coopear

Post by Coopear »

I have a Zappi home charger and the app that manages it has “Timed” setting, what I don’t have however is an off peak tariff option from my supplier! :)
I’m planning on phoning Octopus tomorrow to start down that route.
Rosiegloe

Post by Rosiegloe »

I’m with Octopus on a 12-month fixed rate which is not that brilliant as I haven’t got a Smart meter yet.
I’ve applied for one though, then hopefully I can go for the Agile or Go tariffs.
Deleted User 192

Miki wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:53 pm
Hello Scott, I too traded in my Leaf for an ID3 Life few days ago, have Octopus Go, PodPoint and as you guys am quite disappointed not to be able to schedule the charge (VW I hope you are making notes).

I wish to thank you for all the useful info you shared on this thread so far. I will look into the Agile option.
May I please check what is the £500 credit you guys mention here? Wish to check if I am eligible. Thank you in advance :)
Timed charging is supported from the 2.0 software onwards, we will all have it once the general rollout of 2.1 happens in Q1.

The £500 credit is only for owners of the 1st Edition.
RDR

Post by RDR »

we have off peak electric which we used on the the BMW i3. just had to modify my 7kw EVSE by adding a £12 timer from amazon, tried it last night worked a treat. ID3 blinks red for a minute when you insert the plug with no Control Pilot but then happily goes to sleep and wakes up when the EVSE fires up at midnight. will do until we get the software update.
Rosiegloe

Post by Rosiegloe »

Very interesting, what is the name of the product?
I’ve had a notification from VW about the software upgrade as follows:
Before 2020 comes to a close, we would like to keep you updated about the promised ID‌.‌Software update for your ID.3, which we are currently anticipating will be available from the first quarter of 2021.

As soon as the software update is available, we will be back in touch and your Retailer will arrange an appointment at a convenient time to have the update carried out. This update will need to be carried out at a Volkswagen Retailer. We are currently anticipating that the update will be available February/March.

Enhancements
In addition to the promised App Connect (across all ID.3 trim levels) and the augmented reality Head-up-Display (on Tech, Max and Tour trims), the ID‌.‌Software update will also provide your ID.3 with these additional functions:

Charging
The automated introduction of charging stops in the navigation using more than 85,000 charging points across Europe. Plus the capability to send charging Point-of-Interest (POIs) from a smartphone to the car navigation system. What’s more, the charging timer function enables users to schedule charging in relation to the planned time of departure.

Air Conditioning
The time-controlled air conditioning system allows the vehicle to be air-conditioned according to the desired departure time.

Driver Assistance Systems
Connected Active Cruise Control (Connected ACC) allows Car-2-X, communication and situation adaption of travelling speed.

Infotainment Functions
The digital car manual enables users to find car information via speech control. Web Radio can also be used to play internet radio stations via the ID.3 infotainment system.

As part of the continuous product development, the update will also contain numerous performance improvements and software changes.
Deleted User 192

That’s talking about the 2.1 software, but timed charging (and everything else mentioned in that email) is also in 2.0 which workshops and the factory can install now.