New member.....looking

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 360

Post by Deleted User 360 »

I'm looking at changing cars and considering exploring the EV route with the ID3 being on the very short short list. I have to say the software issues are a little off putting but it wouldn't be the only car on the drive so I can probably deal with being a beta tester.

Can I just confirm that the ID3 does not come with a 'granny charger'?

This would be my first foray into the EV world so, like the vast majority of people that are in a similar position, don't have a 7Kw charge point. Which means you buy a not inexpensive car that you cannot get used to the new concept of charging in the relative comfort of your own driveway. It feels like a bit of barrier to making the switch to EV as straightforward as possible and having to stump up an extra 180quid feels a little cheap of VW.

Anyway, Hi and thanks for the info already on the site :)

Steve

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Granny charger is a cost option, although some have been given one by their dealer as a freebie.

One tip is to learn more about owning an EV more generally, so you can understand things which come up which are not specific to the ID3 as well as what is... The SpeakEV forums are great for that.

The ID3 software will be at the 2.1 release in February/March which brings the functionality (and hopefully stability) that was intended.