New Owner

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

Thanks for the info and advice Simonrg. I was trying to find comparisons between first edition which we have (not) and other variants. There was a VW chart but they've now dropped the first edition off the chart so I can't easily compare features. Just want a similar level of spec. We traded in a nearly new Mercedes A class with top spec to get a VW with a lot less but all electric, and don't want to drop any lower. Decision time next week.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Folkramfer wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:40 pm Thanks for the info and advice Simonrg. I was trying to find comparisons between first edition which we have (not) and other variants. There was a VW chart but they've now dropped the first edition off the chart so I can't easily compare features. Just want a similar level of spec. We traded in a nearly new Mercedes A class with top spec to get a VW with a lot less but all electric, and don't want to drop any lower. Decision time next week.

My dealer showed me this back in October when I was looking at specs:

84E8AD8B-A789-410B-8B7E-888509F7F0B1.jpeg

Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

Thanks Scott28tt
That's gives me a good comparison.
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

So, after 11 weeks I am informed that the new control unit is on site and will be installed with 2.1 software.
Assuming all goes well, what on earth am I going to ask as compensation for a new car that we only just drove home and haven't seen since? Apart from 3 months loss of use it's now an old car as the new registrations are now out.
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Folkramfer wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:17 am So, after 11 weeks I am informed that the new control unit is on site and will be installed with 2.1 software.
Assuming all goes well, what on earth am I going to ask as compensation for a new car that we only just drove home and haven't seen since? Apart from 3 months loss of use it's now an old car as the new registrations are now out.
If you have it on finance I guess you should be able to get the months payment back, if you purchased outright then it seem reasonable to get the same, but I suspect that would be more difficult.
Hope all goes well, and your old car feels like a new car to you again.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

Did get on finance as vw gave £3k incentive. Was going to cancel finance after a couple of weeks but haven't as not sure what was happening.

It would be good to know any suggestions for goods in kind rather than claiming monetary compensation. As the first edition is well specd I cant think of much we could ask for.

As to value, it's interesting that I could now buy the same car, pre-registered 2020 but new for £3000 less than we paid in December for a car that we are still waiting to get.
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

Still no car, new control unit failed and needs new infotainment unit (on order). I've bad enough and asked for out plus plus. Waiting over a week for response from VW.