Headlights

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
MartyB

Post by MartyB »

Hi,
New ID.3 Owner. Collected it Jan 2nd. Very pleased.
However, it is unclear when checking headlight settings for UK whether we are Right driving or Left driving in the system.
I have tried to set it to “Left” just to check and it always reverts to Right setting. Is that the correct setting for the UK? Does the system “know” through Nav settings and Map that we are UK based? And, therefore when we (if we ever get the chance again to) drive on the continent, will it automatically adjust? The manual suggests that we would have to do it physically. Hence my confusion.
Thanks
M
ID.3 Pro Performance Family Moonstone

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

This is a known issue - it is worst on the 0564 software version (you can discover yours via Settings > System information)

Some have said it doesn't actually impact the headlights anyway.

Best thing to do with any fault is to report it to your dealer - it will then be logged and can be investigated whenever your car goes back to them (as it will need to for the software update made available from February/March)
MartyB

Post by MartyB »

Thanks Scott. Very helpful
M
ID.3 Pro Performance Family Moonstone
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

Yes its hard to interpret what this message means, some folks take it as it says "driving on the right hand" side of the road, others say it relates to where the steering wheel is. The manual does not really help at all. I verified my headlights point left, and have had no issues from other drivers, however some other drivers report issues with the headlights and getting flashed.

IMG_8883.jpeg

VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/