Order Placed Today

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Hi all

Family Pro in Glacier White with 19” Black Alloys

Advised delivery in 12-16 weeks

Current Vehicle a T-Roc. Will be sad to lose, great car but a new adventure looms

On the look out for tips, tricks and home charging info

Kev

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

You’re going to be happy :)

We have the Eli charger, our house is tri-phase so we get 11kWh charging from it and it works well.

The software to control the Wallcharger is limited but works and being able to pre-heat the car whilst charging certainly helps with the range.
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Thanks

I hope to be v/happy. Good reviews all round

Village electrician is an authorised OLEV installer so let’s see what he has to say.

Tons of power in garage so should not be too much of a problem

Kev
pdk42

Post by pdk42 »

Most UK properties are single phase only, so Max charge rate will be 7kW/32A. Best wall box is probably the Zappi, but there’s an incompatibility with the ID3 which means overnight scheduled charging doesn’t work. Unfortunately, the car doesn’t do that yet either (it’s sort of there in the 2.0 software but it doesn’t work too well).
stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

I’d recommend the Andersen A2 wall charger. It’s a bit more pricey - but is fabulous quality and design...which you can customise to match your property...and best of all - all of the functions seem to work with the ID.3 straight out of the box! I can run scheduled charges on it - or charge early in the night and then leave it plugged in then it will kick back in for pre-heating in the morning...whichever you’d prefer...I know some other chargers seem to have been struggling with waking the car up after it’s gone to ‘sleep’, but I’ve not experienced any issues.
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

stu-evs wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:43 pm I’d recommend the Andersen A2 wall charger. It’s a bit more pricey - but is fabulous quality and design...which you can customise to match your property...and best of all - all of the functions seem to work with the ID.3 straight out of the box! I can run scheduled charges on it - or charge early in the night and then leave it plugged in then it will kick back in for pre-heating in the morning...whichever you’d prefer...I know some other chargers seem to have been struggling with waking the car up after it’s gone to ‘sleep’, but I’ve not experienced any issues.
Thanks
I’ll have a look , that’s what I want in reality. Something that’s works from the box! . I expect my ID 3 will be fully updated ( It had better be!) upon receipt. I need to be mindful of cost however. Any pointers on what I should be paying for one fitted?
Kaygee

Post by Kaygee »

I have the Project EV wall charger ( no earth rod required) fitted at my property. When I placed the order I was told the timer function would work with the
ID.3.
Unfortunately the installer could not get the unit to connect to my Wifi ( were I live we are restricted to who our internet provider can be, and they are crap)
so I cannot verify.
I am now waiting to have a separate Wifi module installed. The installer told me this is the first time they have had to do this on these units.
As for pricing this charger costs about £550 fully installed, after the £350 grant.
When I get an update I will post.
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Kaygee wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:58 pm I have the Project EV wall charger ( no earth rod required) fitted at my property. When I placed the order I was told the timer function would work with the
ID.3.
Unfortunately the installer could not get the unit to connect to my Wifi ( were I live we are restricted to who our internet provider can be, and they are crap)
so I cannot verify.
I am now waiting to have a separate Wifi module installed. The installer told me this is the first time they have had to do this on these units.
As for pricing this charger costs about £550 fully installed, after the £350 grant.
When I get an update I will post.
Local olev electian fits these. We have no Wifi problems.
stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

Yorkie wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:53 am
stu-evs wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:43 pm I’d recommend the Andersen A2 wall charger. It’s a bit more pricey - but is fabulous quality and design...which you can customise to match your property...and best of all - all of the functions seem to work with the ID.3 straight out of the box! I can run scheduled charges on it - or charge early in the night and then leave it plugged in then it will kick back in for pre-heating in the morning...whichever you’d prefer...I know some other chargers seem to have been struggling with waking the car up after it’s gone to ‘sleep’, but I’ve not experienced any issues.
Thanks
I’ll have a look , that’s what I want in reality. Something that’s works from the box! . I expect my ID 3 will be fully updated ( It had better be!) upon receipt. I need to be mindful of cost however. Any pointers on what I should be paying for one fitted?
Have a look at https://andersen-ev.com - they will fit as part of the purchase - they have their own installers as well as a network of approved local installers. I think you can just purchase the unit for fitting yourself or to have your own electrician fit it too if that's what you'd rather...
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Thanks