Moonstone Grey Family, 1 month in...

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pushy

Post by Pushy »

Hi everyone,

So glad I discovered this group and found my problems affect many id.3s. Thank you, glad I'm not alone!

Took delivery late December. Have enjoyed the car since up until a flat battery yesterday. Was concerned with some other issues that I now realise others have experienced, but remain hopeful all will be well following the software update.

Like - very easy car to drive, great around town, looks good, comfortable in all seats, futuristic feel with all the electronic drivers aids...
Dislike - known electrical issues (alarm, flat battery), sat Nav freezes on occasion, poorly written user Manual.

Car back with dealer at moment and assured all issues will be sorted following a software update today. Wondering how they could let the car leave the showroom knowing it needed a software update - not ethical. Anyway looking forward to having it back soon.

Pushy

simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Pushy wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:45 am .....
Car back with dealer at moment and assured all issues will be sorted following a software update today. Wondering how they could let the car leave the showroom knowing it needed a software update - not ethical. Anyway looking forward to having it back soon.
Hope your update goes well, my dealer is not coping well, claimed not to know about any software update aside the Q1 2.1 update and that these issues were unique to my car, VW were not much more helpful but finally agreed to authorise update, which has now failed twice if the dealer is correct and so car been in workshop for 14 days now.

Complaining to VW basically gets me nowhere in terms of compensation or even an apology, the best I get is "economical with the truth" answers. All of which is shame as the concept of ID.3 is great with some good engineering, but let down by customer service / lack of honesty.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Pushy

Post by Pushy »

2 weeks is excessive - sorry to hear that. Hope they pull out their finger and sort it out soon.

Car back with me now following two days at the dealer. Software updated to 2.0 (and they kindly washed and hoovered it). Told me 2.1 should be out end of March.

Car seems fine on the couple of days I’ve taken it to work:
- no random alarm triggering that I’ve noticed
- Haven’t tested the battery as I don’t have a voltmeter
- Infotainment updated. Home button now on right and some extra options. Car play now installed.
- Extra option added on the app. Can now set my departure time so car is heated and ready.

Hopefully back to some trouble free motoring.
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Pushy wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:01 am 2 weeks is excessive - sorry to hear that. Hope they pull out their finger and sort it out soon.

Car back with me now following two days at the dealer. Software updated to 2.0 (and they kindly washed and hoovered it). Told me 2.1 should be out end of March.

Car seems fine on the couple of days I’ve taken it to work:
- no random alarm triggering that I’ve noticed
- Haven’t tested the battery as I don’t have a voltmeter
- Infotainment updated. Home button now on right and some extra options. Car play now installed.
- Extra option added on the app. Can now set my departure time so car is heated and ready.

Hopefully back to some trouble free motoring.
Glad your update went well.
I got my car back after 15 days (no wash or hoover) updated, car is better but discovering a few annoying things mph / kph issue is present for speed limit warnings and no ability to control heating via voice control don't know whether this is model, heat pump or module update issue.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Mph/kph speed limit warnings - VW know about the issue but don't currently have any fix, they are investigating.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Tested voice control for heating in mine this afternoon (1st on 0783) - asked it to set the temperature to 23 and it just did it as expected, same for other temperatures.
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

scott28tt wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:53 pm Tested voice control for heating in mine this afternoon (1st on 0783) - asked it to set the temperature to 23 and it just did it as expected, same for other temperatures.
Thanks, lucky you :-) It appears to be happy in 1st's but not sure about other models.
I have not found anywhere that VW says that such control is only possible in some specs not others and bearing in mind controlling the heating in the dark without Voice Control is liable to be dangerous due to no lighting of the controls it is not acceptable.