Mirror Adjustment

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Owen75

Post by Owen75 »

Hi all, I picked up my ID3 Life today, I am trying to set the auto lowering adjustment of the outside mirrors when i select reverse, them manual says select R on the door put the car in reverse lower the mirror to the correct position, select neutral, move the mirror up and then turn off. I have done this but when i select reverse it does not lower, am i doing something wrong or is this feature not on the life model

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I believe that's a LHD > RHD mistake in the manual from when it was translated from German - you use L on the mirror controls to set it, and L again on the controls before putting the car into reverse to activate it, it's the passenger-side mirror that adjusts (for parallel parking)
Owen75

Post by Owen75 »

Great thanks i will give that a try
Al3xID3

Post by Al3xID3 »

The feature was off by default in my car. Once turned on in the mirror section of vehicle settings then I was able to set up and use without a problem.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

scott28tt wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:11 pm I believe that's a LHD > RHD mistake in the manual from when it was translated from German - you use L on the mirror controls to set it, and L again on the controls before putting the car into reverse to activate it, it's the passenger-side mirror that adjusts (for parallel parking)
Am I understanding correctly that only the passenger side mirror angles down in reverse? Can you not do the same with the driver side mirror?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

rikimaru wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:27 pm
scott28tt wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:11 pm I believe that's a LHD > RHD mistake in the manual from when it was translated from German - you use L on the mirror controls to set it, and L again on the controls before putting the car into reverse to activate it, it's the passenger-side mirror that adjusts (for parallel parking)
Am I understanding correctly that only the passenger side mirror angles down in reverse? Can you not do the same with the driver side mirror?

Yes. No.