New Family ordered

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

Hi all,

Wife's Karoq is going to be replaced with a Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey.

We have the expectation that it will be delivered in July so the 12-14 week lead time is fine for us,.

We did look at a pre-reg car (Style), but the Family spec adds a little more for her (especially the rear camera and keyless entry) over the Style and the timing is better for replacing the Karoq.

Hopefully the software will be 2.1 by then and it will all be plain sailing! JUst need to decide on which charger now. I am leaning towards the Andersen A2 as it has the neatest cable management system if we go tethered, which seems to be the best option.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The 2.1 software will be very much in the wild by then.

The Andersen charger is definitely the best looking, a premium price, but smart bit of kit.
stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

Big fan of our Andersen A2 - you won’t regret it! 😁
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
digital

Post by digital »

Have a look at the Zappi, especially if you have solar PV.
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
Deleted User 192

digital wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:39 am Have a look at the Zappi, especially if you have solar PV.

The output from my PV meant that the extra £250-ish premium for a Zappi over many other options (such as a Pod Point) weren't worth it for me - being savvy with my electricity tariff will save me a lot more.
stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

And Isn’t it Zappi that seem to be having all sorts of problems not communicating with every EV and functions not working? And them blaming the car manufacturers rather than keeping their own product up to date with the market like other charger manufacturers?!

Seems like it’s not a very sensible business model to be so fixed to your ‘principles’ whilst all your competitors just make it work.....when there are many more EVs on the road which charger are people going to pick - one that has a history of just working with whatever car you throw at it - or the one that only works with cars where the manufacturer has jumped through hoops in exactly the way that the charger company might want them to?!
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
digital

Post by digital »

stu-evs wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:19 am And Isn’t it Zappi that seem to be having all sorts of problems not communicating with every EV and functions not working? And them blaming the car manufacturers rather than keeping their own product up to date with the market like other charger manufacturers?!

Seems like it’s not a very sensible business model to be so fixed to your ‘principles’ whilst all your competitors just make it work.....when there are many more EVs on the road which charger are people going to pick - one that has a history of just working with whatever car you throw at it - or the one that only works with cars where the manufacturer has jumped through hoops in exactly the way that the charger company might want them to?!
I'm not going to get into an argument, but that's not entirely accurate. You might want to have a word with MyEnergi and bring yourself up-to-date.
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

There seem to be issues with every charging point that we research. The main benefit I see of the Andersen is the ability to completely hide the cable away. It's not rocket science to design a simple cable tidy box so I can't see why the other manufacturers don't do it.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Deleted User 192

I'm happy with my Pod Point having the cable wrapped around the outside - much more appealing in my opinion than just having a bracket on the wall or tiny wall box with a loop of cable dangling down like most units
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

scott28tt wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:08 pm I'm happy with my Pod Point having the cable wrapped around the outside - much more appealing in my opinion than just having a bracket on the wall or tiny wall box with a loop of cable dangling down like most units
I've looked at the Podpoint because it has the ability to wrap the cable around the unit. I suppose that because I haven't really seen any of theses chargers 'in the wild' I can't really imagine them on the wall of our garage.
Pushy

Post by Pushy »

Family - I managed to get an off-the-peg one and pleased I did. Happy with all the extras and the reversing camera is particularly clear. No head up display but not missing it.

Charger - Went with Pod-Point and it’s been fine. I tend to leave the cable connected and loop around some hooks I screwed in (will try and attach a pic). Works well for me. Image

A0B890F6-937A-41B7-A5D7-463D8376E245.jpeg