Stuck in Grimsby!

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

New Family supposed to be delivered this week but my Dealer says stuck in Grimsby apparently. It shows as 'in transit' on the VW app thing although I'm not sure of the reliability of this app. Coming in Stonewash Blue with alloys and the bike prep. Going to be a bit of a change from my Touareg but after retirement I needed to downsize and the lights hopefully will help on the narrow roads I sometimes drive on, although the Touareg lights are pretty good.

I've had a Pod Point installed since before Christmas but haven't yet had a chance to see if it's working! In a way I'm an ideal EV customer as now do mostly short journeys and can charge at home. The public charging network is abysmal in N Ireland, if I had to rely on it I wouldn't be going EV.

Anyway this is by way of an introduction, I have read a lot of interesting stuff on this forum and when I eventually get my car hopefully I will be able to contribute something.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Nobody and nothing EVER wants to be stuck in Grimsby, your poor car...
Kelloggs

Post by Kelloggs »

I’m stuck in grimsby. Have been for 62 years. They let me out occasionally on good behaviour. If I spot an Id3 trying to get out (other than mine) I’ll report it 👍
id3 life performance pro heat pump, turquoise,black.
share.octopus.energy/witty-hawk-404
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Well it was eventually released and I took delivery today. A big change from my Touareg, I'm gradually getting my head round all the features - I'm particularly impressed with the lights, just back from a run combining country roads and towns, they seemed to work faultlessly, well nobody flashed me anyway. Only issues I can see so far is there doesn't seem to be the low speed sound and I can't get car play working. I'm sure I will sort these things out in due course.
I'm sure Grimsby is a delightful place although it's name suggests otherwise. Where I live we have a town that attracts a bit of slagging, it's called Lurgan.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The low speed noise isn’t exactly noisy, I first heard it on mine when driving alongside a wall with the window down, otherwise I would barely know it made one!

What’s the issue with CarPlay? If you have Bluetooth and WiFi enabled on your phone it should just work.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I have poor hearing anyway, must find a handy wall later! CarPlay just refuses to connect even though phone is paired. I will try a cable connection later, but I'm sure I can get it sorted soon.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Kelloggs wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:05 am I’m stuck in grimsby. Have been for 62 years. They let me out occasionally on good behaviour. If I spot an Id3 trying to get out (other than mine) I’ll report it 👍
😂
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Kelloggs

Post by Kelloggs »

We smuggled the “family” out past the grimsby wall. It evaded the border patrol and was last seen gambolling happily west through the Lincolnshire wolds. I’m so glad it found a new home. The last one was caught in nearby immingnam near stalling(bro’)grad. 😊
id3 life performance pro heat pump, turquoise,black.
share.octopus.energy/witty-hawk-404