WeConnect app

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Hobbibear

WeConnect app

Post by Hobbibear » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:37 pm

My ID3 1st Edition had to go into the dealers this week, when there I looked on the app and was concerned that it showed my cars location still at my home address. Has any other owners had this issue? I have massaged and been informed that there are technical difficulties and the team are working on restoring access. Has any one had other issues with the app?

ColinID3

Re: WeConnect app

Post by ColinID3 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:41 pm

I've never managed to get the App to tell me where the car is, it does tell me where my phone is though!!
This is one of the points I'm waiting to sort out with the dealer.

scott28tt

Post by scott28tt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:43 pm

The map in the app tells you where the app is.
ID.3 1st Edition - Moonstone Grey

Hobbibear

Post by Hobbibear » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:55 pm

This is copy of my inquiry to the app

Dear Mr Hobbs,

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.

We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing when using We Connect services.

We want to inform you that currently the application is not available due to technical difficulties, so it is not possible to use any of the We Connect ID functions.

We would like to let you know that our technical team is aware of the problem and is working hard to implement a solution and restore access to their services.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please know, that we remain at your disposal for any further inquiries you might have. You may reply to this e-mail or call us on our direct line 0800-2797508 (around the clock, 7 days a week). We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference number: 629903 for a quick follow-up.

We wish you always a safe drive with your Volkswagen ID.3.

Yours faithfully,
Your Digital Service Team

scott28tt

Post by scott28tt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:01 pm

The app is working completely as normal on my car right now.

Until VW change the functionality, the map in the app doesn't show you the car's location - it shows you the location of the device on which you're running the app (like Google Maps would) - I expect that may change once you can have multiple app instances (under different user accounts) paired with the same car.
ID.3 1st Edition - Moonstone Grey