WeConnect app

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

The App is pretty weak, almost useless. I've a Velar and the features and functions way outstrip this thing and the Velar has less! I've contacted the developers which is a pointless exercise, it's clearly rushed out, is unreliable and inaccurate in many ways. I am guessing V2 will be a major overhaul, but perhaps that's wishful thinking. I just want to locate my car, choose the time it charges (not when I'm leaving), set the temperature and lock my car. Time will tell. It's not a deal breaker, I like the car, my wife likes it and there are a LOT of free chargers around, DC too. AC charging doesn't work if the charger provides >11kw.

pdk42

Post by pdk42 »

I've been playing around snooping the traffic from the app to the VW servers. There is info in the data returned that the app isn't making use of (e.g. the kW being consumed when charging), but the really major problems with reliability are all on the back-end and onwards to the car. I see no real progress on this front since the original 0564 software that our car had on delivery. I'm not holding my breath it'll get better in a hurry.
pdk42

Post by pdk42 »

Anduain wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:45 pm AC charging doesn't work if the charger provides >11kw.
It does, it's just limited to 11kW.
Deleted User 314

pdk42 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:50 pm
Anduain wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:45 pm AC charging doesn't work if the charger provides >11kw.
It does, it's just limited to 11kW.
Actually no, it doesn't, it's a fault. Any AC charger at 11 or below charges. If the charge is, e.g. 22kwh, then I get the red light of doom. Tried on multiple chargers.
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

Actually no, it doesn't, it's a fault. Any AC charger at 11 or below charges. If the charge is, e.g. 22kwh, then I get the red light of doom. Tried on multiple chargers.
May be you need to speak to VW. My experience is limited to Ecotricity chargers, but so far I've always managed to squeeze 11kWh out of them with no problem.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
Deleted User 314

hungerdunger wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:27 am
May be you need to speak to VW. My experience is limited to Ecotricity chargers, but so far I've always managed to squeeze 11kWh out of them with no problem.
Yeh, waiting for the 2.1 upgrade to be organised. Aircon isn't working when driving also.