What a nice car!

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I think it's been widely discussed that 2.1 is what we should have started with on the car.

There's still a lot of other things they could do though - I can't believe it's still 1 car paired with 1 account (even if you have multiple instances of the We Connect ID app), no multiple profile option with personalisations, and no updates to the We Connect ID app to make it anything like useful.

HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

The semantic difference between 'fast' and 'rapid' chargepoints is annoying.

Home chargepoints are AC, and in this country mostly around 7kW if your supply is single phase, or up to 22kW if you have a three-phase supply. The ID.3 can charge AC at a maximum of 11kW. These are known as 'fast' chargers, perhaps to differentiate them from the charging cables that plug into a normal mains outlet, sometimes called 'granny cables' and which charge at around 2 or 2.5kW.

Similar public chargepoints are sometimes found in supermarket car parks and other locations.

Scott mentioned 43kW AC chargers in this thread, he says such a charger is classed as 'rapid'.

The public chargepoints that you might use on a long journey to put some charge in your car very quickly so you can continue your journey without too much delay are DC, and 50kW, 100kW or even more, up to 350kW. They are described as 'rapid', which in my view is a poor way to differentiate them from 'fast' chargers. The ID.3 can take a DC charge at up to 100kW.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I thought it best to use the same terms as Zap-Map, but added a note that the ID.3 would only charge at 11kW even on a 43kW AC point anyway.

https://www.zap-map.com/charge-points/c ... rs-speeds/
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Thanks Scott. Good link!
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot