New to this forum

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
hazel9428

Post by hazel9428 »

Hi, I’m thinking of buying the entry level Pure model (only do 8k annual mileage and very few “long” journeys). Hopefully these will arrive soon and be affordable. I live within walking distance of a VW dealer, but have only seen two ID3s on the road since the car was launched - are there any sales figures available, as the model does not seem to be popular (hence the many price cuts?).

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Hi, Welcome to the forum

"In December, the Volkswagen ID.3 (27,997) happened to be the second best-selling car overall, outsold only by the Volkswagen Golf (30,073).

However, the Tesla Model 3 was not far away and actually improved its volume by 11% year-over-year to 24,567."

Taken from - https://insideevs.com/news/482435/europ ... mber-2020/

According to the 'How many left' web site there are 652 ID.3 1st Editions registered with the DVLA. There are no 2021 figures showing yet unfortunately.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The theory is that VW corporate had to discount to ensure they shifted as MANY cars as possible by the end of 2020 to minimise/eliminate emissions fines from the EU.

How long after the Tesla Model 3 release did it take til you saw ANY at all?

I think the "Pure" designation means the model with the 45kWh battery, and VW haven't yet announced when they'll be making that available in the UK other than "later in 2021" (or words to that effect) so you might be waiting a while...