On the verge of ordering, in need of some clarifications

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jono

Post by Jono »

They look really nice in white

rambler coast

Post by rambler coast »

If it helps my dealer told me VW are increasing the price of all cars by on average £1000 at the end of March….don’t know if just sales patter but that’s what he told me.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

^ I'd made enquiries with Drivethedeal and they were sending me messages today saying that i'd have to order today or tomorrow to beat an imminent price rise and a last flurry of orders for said price rise.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

It's official, I placed an order for a Glacier White Pro Performance 150kW with East Derry wheels. Thought i'd try the dealership I bought my last 2 VWs from (affiliated with Drivethedeal). Told them about the Cheltenham deal to see if they could get to the DTD price and to ask if they had any group stock they could get a hold of any quicker (Cheltenham quoting a month - car building this week or just built).

The salesperson is keen to do a deal but after talking to his boss, tells me the price I have from Cheltenham (£27986) is impossible, it loses money. His best offer is £29166 and that wipes out their whole margin, but they're pushing towards an end of month target. I said I was going to go with Cheltenham and he asks for 5 mins to speak to his boss after checking out the Cheltenham price on Autotrader's website.

He comes back and says that Cheltenham's price includes the £1750 deposit contribution (yes, I already told him that!) and their price doesn't so it's effectively £27416 with the deposit contribution accounted for. Score! £426 less than the DTD price, £580 less than the Cheltenham price. That'll pay for my charger.

So, £1000 deposit down and the car's sitting in Emden, waiting to cadge a lift to Grimsby - they expect to be able to supply it before the end of April.

Charger wise, it looks like i'll be going for an Ohme, and moving to Octopus Energy to get their Go tariff and a smart meter,
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565