CarPlay after 2.1

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

My 1st Edition finally has been updated. Dropped it off at the dealers at 8am, got a phone call at 4:30 pm to say the update had been successfully applied. They wanted to keep it overnight so the car could be "sanitised" before I could collect it. Annoyingly, they also charged it to 100%. I have been trying hard to look after my battery. It has only twice been at 100%, both times due to the dealer!
Anyway, my question is about CarPlay. Playing music occasionally buffers - I never had this in my previous Golf (admittedly wired connection). What is irksome is the volume has to be turned up so I can hear my music, but if I then switch to the radio the sound is much, much louder. Is there a way of making both sound sources have the same volume?
And also, they took away my handbook!
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

If you alter the volume on your phone (I assume the source of your music) does that affect the overall output? That normally affects the output with other linked Bluetooth devices, although the recent revelation (to me) that the ID.3 is connecting with Wifi rather than Bluetooth for infotainment I can't say as I have tried to vary the volume on the phone.
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

I did try using the volume control on the phone, but whilst connected via CarPlay this option was not possible. Like you, I am totally mystified about what is connected to what. I used "hello ID" to make a phone call and I got a message "CarPlay has to be disconnected in order to use bluetooth - continue?'' or something like that.
I have managed to use my iPhone X as a hotspot & managed to connect the infotainment system to internet radio, but laboriously it appears you have to do this manually every time you get in the car. It was the same with my previous Golf and CarNet - one of the reasons I never used it.
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

ha ha ha "internet radio".. let's not go there..

I got used to plugging the phone in to the USB with my Tiguan and I think I'll just do the same with the ID.3..I actually bought a 15cm USB C - USB-C lead so it's a neat enough set up, makes having a wireless charging pad a bit pointless though (Keeps my son happy)
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

No wireless charging point in my model. And don’t get me started about the (lack of) rear speakers. Even the crappy VW uP they gave me whilst I had the update had rear speakers.