Just taken delivery!!!

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
KeithDJ

Post by KeithDJ »

I know I am a nerd. But when I get something new I sit down with a few cups of coffee and read the user manual.
What a disappointment!
Firstly no manual, and then the salesman is not sure whether you can BUY one - but its online!!
I go online - the VW site does not recognise the registration - ok it is newly registered - slight pardon maybe.
The site does not recognise the VIN either!
Why does VW not recognise its own VIN number?
There is no excuse for this - they know when cars are produced and these numbers should be uptodate!
Everything that I try on this lovely car - I want to look at a manual to understand the whats, whys and therefores.
It is in the first few days and weeks that this is important - and that is just when it is not available!
I am very disappointed that I can not get to know this wonderful machine properly and quickly!

Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

If you have the latest software, which you should, the whole manual is accessible from the help section of the infotainment system. I had my software update earlier this week. The manual was removed from the glove box, but the faux leather case remains. Anyway, the glove box storage has increased by 100% as a result!
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

If you enter L3 VWW in the website tool you can access the 1st Edition version.

Til they get your VIN and reg working, which might take a week or so.

But it is in Help in the infotainment system.
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Back in December, I found going to https://userguide.volkswagen.de/w/en_GB/welcome and entering my VIN, I could access the manual online from day 1, but it took 6 weeks for the UK link to work on my registration or VIN.
I don't know if this is still the case, could have been a VW server issue that has now been fixed.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
KeithDJ

Post by KeithDJ »

Simonrg - Thanks for the tip - but does not work now - at least for my VIN

Scott28tt - Thanks for this tip! This works well. Yes I have the built in manual - but not user friendly. This one is much better on a big computer screen.
Thanks again!