PCP financing

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Narked@50

Post by Narked@50 »

What happens at the end of a PCP contract, If i decide to purchase a new car which wont be available for some weeks? Would the VW dealer take my existing Car and leave me without a car until the new one is available?

Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:56 pm
Folkramfer wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:53 am Thanks for all the replies. One more question
What's the best way to tell them that you're withdrawing from the finance agreement?
Their website says phone or write.
I'm looking for the quickest way that is most certain. I'm sure I've seen someone mention triggering this on their website but cant remember where or what.
Collect the car from the dealership with your finance in place, call VWFS within a day or 2 of collecting your car and say you want to withdraw from your finance agreement. They will provide a settlement figure.
I'll not be cancelling until into the second week and just want to make sure I get it done within the deadline. I've read of people being unable to get through on the phone.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Folkramfer wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:04 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:56 pm
Folkramfer wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:53 am Thanks for all the replies. One more question
What's the best way to tell them that you're withdrawing from the finance agreement?
Their website says phone or write.
I'm looking for the quickest way that is most certain. I'm sure I've seen someone mention triggering this on their website but cant remember where or what.
Collect the car from the dealership with your finance in place, call VWFS within a day or 2 of collecting your car and say you want to withdraw from your finance agreement. They will provide a settlement figure.
I'll not be cancelling until into the second week and just want to make sure I get it done within the deadline. I've read of people being unable to get through on the phone.
Why do you need to wait until second week? As soon as you make that withdrawal call, the daily interest stops and you have a month to pay up. Leave it to the second week and you'll be paying daily interest (which still won't be a lot).

Last time I did it, it took occasional tries over 2 days until I finally got through, so yes, you can sometimes wait a while to get through. I wouldn't want to leave it until day 13 and be sweating that you can't get through on day 14.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

Thanks. But can't do it through website?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I don't believe so. By post or over the phone.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

👍
digital

Post by digital »

Folkramfer wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:40 pm Thanks. But can't do it through website?
We did it through the website last December.
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

digital wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:28 am
Folkramfer wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:40 pm Thanks. But can't do it through website?
We did it through the website last December.
That would be VWFS website. Haven't found where to do this yet. Been in my account etc.