Wow and Hello and a little help please!

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
SiDai

Post by SiDai »

Hello All

Well I took delivery of my new ID3 Pro on Thursday and have been quite blown away by the car. Having previously driven a BMW Series 3 Touring (selling atm if anyone is interested, but I suspect I'm talking to the wrong audience) :lol: , I wasn't quite sure what to expect in the driving experience, but I haven't been disappointed so far. I appreciate that all new technology will have its little foibles, but the design and driving experience seem very well thought through, if not significantly different to internal combustion cars. The amount of information available at your fingertips is a little overwhelming at times, but I'm sure it won't take me long to get used to the infotainment system and other e-info.

One thing that I am finding a little frustrating is not being able to register the car on the 'We Connect ID App' on my iPhone. Having captured the VIN and then put in my place of residence (UK) and then accepted the T&Cs, I get the following error message screen:

IMG_2372 2.PNG

I did think it would rectify itself once the car had gone through registration in the UK, allowing for a slight delay, but I am still continuing to get this message, any ideas? I appreciate that some may say that it's not worth it anyway having seen some of the reviews, but it would be nice to be able to decide that myself. I have sent an e-mail off to the address provided, but yet to here anything.

Anyway, just a quick hello and I look forward to reading and contributing to this forum

Best wishes

Simon

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Welcome! We’re loving ours too!

Actually right now we are not able to connect to our car so possibly it’s related or just coincidence.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Try doing this at a location where the car shows a very strong signal - the icon above the home button on the infotainment screen.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Good advice that. As a check, I went out to check our car and it’s on 1 bar of 3G. Transmitter must be malfunctioning.
BusinessProOwner

Post by BusinessProOwner »

Hi there,
I’m experiencing exactly the same problem. I contacted VW and they said that I may have being trying to register when they had ‘unplanned outages’ but I expect it’s because I don’t have strong signal when the car is parked up at home - only one bar. I plan to try again when I’m somewhere with a stronger signal.
ID3 Business Pro Performance 2020
djg193

Post by djg193 »

I had the same issue for days when I got the car. I had a very strong signal by the way.

I found my issue was because I downloaded and registered on the app a couple of days previous to receiving the car it would not work as you describe.

I set up a new account and it worked first time. Bizarre I know but its worth a try.

cheers
Dan
BusinessProOwner

Post by BusinessProOwner »

Thank you, that’s solved it! Thanks for telling me what VW haven’t! Unfortunately I can’t get the infotainment system to give me a QR code but I’m definitely further along than I was!
ID3 Business Pro Performance 2020