Still waiting ☹️

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

Hi
This is my first post to any forum.
I have decided to make the move to EV after months of thought and the id3 looked like the best option.
Unfortunately I have to start with a moan, sorry!
After the test drive I took the plunge and ordered the car through VW Bath , I filled all the on line forms out and was told I could get it for last Thursday but was quickly told it would be Friday then got an email to say the car was delivered to the wrong branch! So Sunday here and no word from the dealership.
I just can’t understand how a delivery driver can make a mistake like that and why they don’t get it to Bath as a matter of urgency.
Perhaps it’s just me and I can’t wait to drive it
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car

HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Sorry you've had this experience. Some VW dealerships seem to care very little about their customers. My local dealer was so useless when I approached them to buy my new car that I went elsewhere and bought from a dealer 40 miles away - who was excellent, I have to say.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

Thanks it’s probably just me getting all excited it’s like waiting for Christmas when I was younger.
I’m really looking forward to driving it, my commute is a 45 mile round trip and currently paying £140 a month in fuel just for work travel
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Warminster id wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:33 pm Hi
This is my first post to any forum.
I have decided to make the move to EV after months of thought and the id3 looked like the best option.
Unfortunately I have to start with a moan, sorry!
After the test drive I took the plunge and ordered the car through VW Bath , I filled all the on line forms out and was told I could get it for last Thursday but was quickly told it would be Friday then got an email to say the car was delivered to the wrong branch! So Sunday here and no word from the dealership.
I just can’t understand how a delivery driver can make a mistake like that and why they don’t get it to Bath as a matter of urgency.
Perhaps it’s just me and I can’t wait to drive it
So was this an in stock car when you ordered it? If not, there have been delays at Emden. I ordered a car on March 29th that'd been built and sat at Emden since the 9th of March. VW UK assured the dealer it would be available to the customer (me) before the end of April. Last Monday I was told that wouldn't be possible. On Tuesday last week it finally got on a ship and came to the UK. Hoping to get the nod for delivery next Saturday 8th or Monday 10th May, but Listers deliver to a central address for PDI and then the cars go to the individual branches and the salesman doesn't want to commit to a collection until its at his branch. I've got to organise a train ticket that doesn't cost the Earth as its a 240 mile journey each way to pick the car up, so trying to get as much notice as possible.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

Hi
Mine is just a standard car, pro life in grey with steel wheels, so it was sat at Portishead docks ready for delivery, I even have the v5 already.
Sorry to hear about your wait and the long train journey you’ll have to make to pick it up, would be good if you could find a id3 driver close to you to give you a lift, if you were close to Warminster would be a good first road trip for me as long as I’ve got mine by then
Hope everything goes smoothly for you next week
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Warminster id wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:38 pm Hi
Mine is just a standard car, pro life in grey with steel wheels, so it was sat at Portishead docks ready for delivery, I even have the v5 already.
Sorry to hear about your wait and the long train journey you’ll have to make to pick it up, would be good if you could find a id3 driver close to you to give you a lift, if you were close to Warminster would be a good first road trip for me as long as I’ve got mine by then
Hope everything goes smoothly for you next week
Looks like everything is happening for Saturday pickup after the car arrived at the dealership groups central workshop yesterday for PDI today/tomorrow. I was told that they usually only allow pick-up during the week as Sat/Sun is busy snaring new customers, but they'll make an exception if I wait until after 4pm when the weekend rush dies down.

Not quite the result I was after seeing as I have a 4 hour trip home and the handover process apparently takes an hour - I was hoping to get there as early as possible, to leave as early as possible. I suppose they already have the promise of my money!
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Jono

Post by Jono »

I’d say - they seem to have forgotten who the customer is.
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

Your car was overbooked. ;)
Life Pro Performance, Manganese gray, Heat pump, Tow bar, 0792 / 2.1.
Oldfrank

Post by Oldfrank »

Ordered my ID.3 5 Door 204PS Family Pro Performance from VW Leasing through local dealer, 05 03 21. It was made around 20 September, and released to vessel dockside at Emden within days. It's still released to vessel dockside at Emden. Any recent experiences of relevant timescales? I'm in the East of England, about 3 hours from both Grimsby and Sheerness.