Style v Tech

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
OscarStan

Post by OscarStan »

Hi everyone. I’m a complete newbie to EV & after much deliberation have decided to take the plunge.I’ve test ridden an ID3 Tech which is quite pricey & off course escapes the government grant so am considering the “style”. It would seem the only things I’d miss are the bigger capacity in the tech & the augmented reality.I won’t be commuting huge distances and most of my driving will be in or within 30miles of my home address.
I’d be interested to hear thoughts/opinions.
Many thanks
Craig

Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

The 'Life' and 'City' are quite a bit cheaper if that's your commute ...
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I thought Style was only now available as a 45kWh model, not a 58kWh?
Jono

Post by Jono »

If you’re only doing short journeys, the extra expense of the tech may be overkill. The HUD us very nice, but not essential. One of the other differences is rear speakers, the tech has them, the others don’t.
M3G4D0Y1E

Post by M3G4D0Y1E »

You also get the £2.5k grant on the Style
wgibbons

Post by wgibbons »

We picked up a Style yesterday.

It's a 58kWh battery pack.

Nice things it has over the 'Life' version (that we've noticed so far):

Nicer seat materials
Ski hatch and arm rest in back seats
Pockets behind front seats (amazing the base model doesn't have this)
Tinted back windows
Panoramic roof
Alloys
Better front lights (although haven't put that to the test yet)
Play/pause symbols on pedals
Two-tone dash

Things I would have liked in the Style but aren't in it:
2-zone climate control
Reversing camera

Not sure if that helps OP, but overall I think the only thing missing from the Style that we *really* would have wanted is the reversing camera. For us, the 'Family' spec probably would have suited, but that and the Tech are a huge jump in price over the Style. The price difference between Life and Style was €1250 for us, and I think we got a lot of value for that. The difference between the Life and the Family would have been more like €3500, and that's a lot more just to get a camera.
M3G4D0Y1E

Post by M3G4D0Y1E »

The style plus had the bigger battery and pano roof. The style does not have these unfortunately, but does have the 2 zone and rear camera.

Still though, we have a style for a similar commute.
wgibbons

Post by wgibbons »

M3G4D0Y1E wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:24 pm The style plus had the bigger battery and pano roof. The style does not have these unfortunately, but does have the 2 zone and rear camera.

Still though, we have a style for a similar commute.
Maybe it’s a UK/Ireland spec difference, but the Style over here has the pano roof. It doesn’t have dual zone or reversing camera. It has the 58kWh battery pack.