ID 3 ordered..

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Paxopaxo

Post by Paxopaxo »

Morning all.

ID3 ordered Thursday, should be with me by the end of the month. Was sorely tempted by the ID4 but too big and impractical for me as Just one person in car the majority of the time.
Will be used for a 5 day commute 50 miles per day. No charging at work (yet)
So I’m wondering what peoples experience is with chargers and tariffs, I’ve of course done some research before buying the car but wondered if anyone can share positive experiences with providers to help me choose.
Thanks in advance

Steve

gailjon

Post by gailjon »

Congrats on the goo decision!

With your mileage per day then Octopus Go, with its 5p per kwh from 0030 to 0430 tariff each night would be ideal.

We have had an Andersen A2 installed and so far it has worked perfectly when timed charging the wife's ID3. We use the Andersen Konnect app schedule timing function and each morning (when required) the car is charged to 80% Most of the time the wife doesn't need to plug the car in as her mileage is fairly low.

I love the way that the Andersen completely hides the cable away and that you can choose a huge range of colours for the front and side panels.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
digital

Post by digital »

I, too, decided against the ID4 and in favour of an ID3 which should arrive in three or so weeks.

We have a Zappi which has been quite happily charging my wife's ID3 using surplus solar PV from our 4kW panels as well as using the grid at 5p per kWh for four hours each day on our Octopus Go Faster tariff between 20:30 and 00:30 (when we also use the washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher and anything else that draws a high current). If you decide to give Octopus a try there's £50 cashback for both of us from the link in my signature below!
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Paxopaxo wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:41 am Morning all.

ID3 ordered Thursday, should be with me by the end of the month. Was sorely tempted by the ID4 but too big and impractical for me as Just one person in car the majority of the time.
Will be used for a 5 day commute 50 miles per day. No charging at work (yet)
So I’m wondering what peoples experience is with chargers and tariffs, I’ve of course done some research before buying the car but wondered if anyone can share positive experiences with providers to help me choose.
Thanks in advance

Steve
In advance of my ID3 that I'm picking up today, I moved to Octopus 3 weeks ago to get on their GO tariff (5p per kWh 0030 to 0430). Got an Ohme charger installed and my antique electric meter is getting replaced next Friday by Octopus, so not had long to wait with them. Customer services are great to deal with too. Best customer service I've had in a long time.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Further to the replies above, Octopus also have a Go Faster tariff which has more flexibility on the start time, length, and cost of the off-peak period compared to Go.

3 hours has a 4.5p rate
4 hours is 5p (same as Go)
5 hours is 5.5p

Start time can be as early as 20:30

I have 20:30-01:30 at 5.5p, I don’t faff about with timed charging, just plug in at 20:30 whenever the car needs a top up. I can also run the dishwasher, washing machine, and tumble dryer on the lower rate too.