ID.3 Tour Pro S

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
wpj

Post by wpj »

Got this last week and it looks much better in reality... but, I'm disappointed that gapless audio doesn't appear to work using USB-C connection of even with Bluetooth with Apple iPod touch 6th generation / iPhone SE 2020. The gaps between tracks on Albums (e.g. Abbey Road, Dark side of the Moon) is the worst that I've experienced and appears to be a couple of seconds. My previous VW cars all golfs (MK5 onwards, GTI) played gapless audio from an old iPod Classic with the same tracks without problems. I'm going to try MP3 CBR instead of VBR and AAC to see if gapless playback works. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks, Pete

Go far with mjr

Post by Go far with mjr »

This has come up on Facebook,I have latest SE with no problems.
Apparently sound quality with genuine Apple lead makes big difference, but that doesn’t explain Bluetooth
wpj

Post by wpj »

I used Apple Car Play on my iPhone - I'd forgotten about this - gapless playback works using USB-C and Bluetooth. Thanks for you help.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Surely whether playback is gapless is a function of the device playing the music not the ID.3? Does this only begin to happen when plugged into/connected to the car?
There are numerous discussions on gapless playback on apple devices on the relevant forums. File format, originality of source, conversion methods all seem to affect gapless playback but if it works fine up to the point you plug it into the id.3 there is something very odd going on there?