New Owner, and question on smartphone charging....

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
sykick

Post by sykick »

Hi, new owner here, just picked up my Family spec car with heat pump, and east derry alloys yesterday. First few hours with the car has been good so far, just loads to learn as I'm new to EV's.

One question I've not managed to figure out, is should the family spec car have wireless phone charging built in?

The spec I got from the dealer seem to suggest it should (see below), but I hear different things online when I try to search? Certainly my car does not seem to charge my iphone when in the standard location. Everything else seems to work fine, and the car came with 2.1 installed.....

spec.jpg

rgds,
Marcus

simonrg

Post by simonrg »

The wireless charging is a bit fiddly, lay your iPhone centrally in the small compartment in the centre console, then wait for the infotainment system to tell you phone is charging, may take a 30 seconds, if no message then try moving the phone a bit.

The manual/vehicle wallet under the help section on the infotainment system should give you a picture.

If you look in the forum here there have been a number of people having issues with overheating while wireless charging, but works fine in my ID.3 if a bit fiddly to ensure charging.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
sykick

Post by sykick »

Perfect, thanks Simon I'll give it a go and report back.....

rgds,
Marcus
KeithR

Post by KeithR »

Anyone know if 1stEdition should have wireless charging?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

KeithR wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:03 pm Anyone know if 1stEdition should have wireless charging?

Not the version that was sold in the UK (which is known as the 1st Plus spec)

I have a super-thin charge pad stuck in the slot with strong double-sided tape, it is wired into one of the USB-C ports so we don’t have to bother plugging a phone in every time we want to charge one.
KeithR

Post by KeithR »

Cheers Scott
yummymummy11

Post by yummymummy11 »

I’ve received delivery of my ID.3 family today and it has wireless charging (car manufactured April 2021) a pleasant surprise as I didn’t realise it had it