Automatic door unlocking

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
StonedBlue

Post by StonedBlue »

New owner of Life PP, and 95 percent happy with this EV.

A bit disappointed to find no rear view camera (but can cope without) but struggling with getting auto door unlocking to function and a sticky boot operation - it seems to wait a few seconds before letting me in with doors unlocked.

Any suggestions re the auto door issue?

Life PP

simonrg

Post by simonrg »

StonedBlue wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:25 am New owner of Life PP, and 95 percent happy with this EV.

A bit disappointed to find no rear view camera (but can cope without) but struggling with getting auto door unlocking to function and a sticky boot operation - it seems to wait a few seconds before letting me in with doors unlocked.

Any suggestions re the auto door issue?

Life PP
Have you played with the settings for locking? I have set it so that all the doors unlock when you unlock the car, otherwise it was really annoying only unlocking driver door or one side, even with keyless operation.

As you say the boot seems to have a mind of its own, sometimes it will open properly other times it takes multiple attempts. For my car and the 1st & Life demonstrators I have had as loan cars the boot open button on the key does not appear to do anything (shouldn't be needed for my car as keyless), but for 1st and Life I needed to unlock the doors to be able to open the boot.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Life has no camera, it’s not in the spec.

I don’t have auto-unlock enabled so can’t comment on that.

The boot will open after a brief moment, I think it’s related to the security built into the key <> car communication, ie. a check that the key is in range, in the correct location by the boot, and a security handshake (at a minimum)
StonedBlue

Post by StonedBlue »

Thank you both for your replies.

Yes I’ve rechecked the spec and there is no camera with the Life, but hey ho.

Also no keyless door opening. I guess that would have cost another few grand!

Much appreciated and keep the advice coming for us newbies!

Cheers