Delivery time

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Picker1

Post by Picker1 »

Ordered my ID.3 Family Pro Performance in late September and was told it would be ready at the end of February.
In November I decided to sell my Toyota CHR back to Toyota as I was not happy with the trade in value I was offered thinking I would get by sharing my wife’s car for a couple of months.
In January I was informed of a build date of week 21 so should be a June car.
With that information I bought an ‘in between’ car to use for 6 months and yesterday informed it will now be a July car.
My friends have suggested I cancel my order and buy a used ID.3 but they are for sale on average about £5,500 more than my invoice price.
Looks like I’m going to be using an old Kia Sportage for a while longer than expected!

wart13

Post by wart13 »

i ordered october 21 life pro performance , dealer phoned 2 days age and my build is week 40
and he says you should get about 6 weeks after that so november is looking like ..
Busman

Post by Busman »

It's official now according to Autocar.Life Models with extra spec will only be available to buy in UK for most of 2022,due to chip shortage and back log of orders.Max and Family not a priority.In In Ireland Volkswagen are pushing a GX Comfort Model , basically a Life model with added spec .
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

It doesn’t say anything about the Family and Max not being a priority. You’d think the priority would be getting people the cars they ordered many months ago, rather than pushing production onto a simplified trim level car.

All of this is such a shit show from VW. The ID3 is a great car, it’s brilliant value for money, but VW are screwing people over for choosing it.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

andrewparker wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:58 am It doesn’t say anything about the Family and Max not being a priority. You’d think the priority would be getting people the cars they ordered many months ago, rather than pushing production onto a simplified trim level car.

All of this is such a shit show from VW. The ID3 is a great car, it’s brilliant value for money, but VW are screwing people over for choosing it.

I think the evidence speaks for itself about Tour and Max orders not being a priority for VW. Family much less so.

But as I said in a roundabout way on the other thread I think VW’s priority is about making cars they can sell, not making cars they’ve already sold. And let’s face it, it’s not like they can actually make the cars they’ve already sold, otherwise our Tour and your Max would be on our respective drives by now!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

Am I right in saying the only difference between the new life model and family is the matrix headlights and pano roof (not available on the new life model)?
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

MLB_ID3 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:47 pm Am I right in saying the only difference between the new life model and family is the matrix headlights and pano roof (not available on the new life model)?

Nope. The rear lights are different as well as the headlights and the Life-22 model has only single-zone climate control instead of dual-zone climate control. There will also be the usual voice control differences between the Life-22 and the Family, I expect. There might also be more differences I’m not aware of, but it’s very much a Life with a few extras rather than a cut-down Family.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Utumno wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:52 pm
MLB_ID3 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:47 pm Am I right in saying the only difference between the new life model and family is the matrix headlights and pano roof (not available on the new life model)?

Nope. The rear lights are different as well as the headlights and the Life-22 model has only single-zone climate control instead of dual-zone climate control. There will also be the usual voice control differences between the Life-22 and the Family, I expect. There might also be more differences I’m not aware of, but it’s very much a Life with a few extras rather than a cut-down Family.
The other differences that spring to mind are the extra interior lighting options, the tinted rear windows and the variable boot floor. Although, I have the variable floor and would rather I didn't so am hesitant to point that out as a particular advantage of the family.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

sidehaas wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:11 pm Although, I have the variable floor and would rather I didn't so am hesitant to point that out as a particular advantage of the family.

Can't you just take it out?
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Bengeo wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:39 pm
sidehaas wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:11 pm Although, I have the variable floor and would rather I didn't so am hesitant to point that out as a particular advantage of the family.

Can't you just take it out?
There are still the supports, and I would need to find somewhere in the house for it. I've settled on leaving it permanently in the lower position as the least worst option. It basically means I have a boot like a Life but 2cm less depth. It's not the end of the world.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Hugh4g

Post by Hugh4g »

I ordered a Family in November 2021 and have been informed that the car will be available in July ish! order number is 8388184....

curious to know if there are any further delays I can shift my order to a later model!

Hugh
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Hugh4g wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:31 pm I ordered a Family in November 2021 and have been informed that the car will be available in July ish! order number is 8388184....

curious to know if there are any further delays I can shift my order to a later model!

Hugh
There are orders in the below thread (some 175 pages long now!) with earlier dates than yours and build dates towards the end of this year. It's highly unlikely you'll see your ID3 this year if its a UK order.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1088&start=3480
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
Stumac

Post by Stumac »

Just been told I have a confirmed week 26 build. First time I have been given a confirmed date... How long are they taking from build to delivery... You watch, something else will go wrong now, Brexit protocol or port strikes....
Family Pro ordered 7thSep21
Manganese Grey | Andoyas | Bike Carrier Prep
Build week 26, confirmed (06.06)
31455XXX