Pre owner of id3

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Harleycharlie

Post by Harleycharlie »

Hi there I am about to order my new id3 Tour, at first I had a very good idea of what car and spec I was looking for, since then I have entered a ‘minefield’ from VW choices!
VW in their ‘wild’ idea have decided to ‘mix and match models while not exactly thinking things through for the customers benefit but more for their own, let me explain.
I decided that the id3 was the car for me, I wanted the 77Kw battery which meant that the only model available would be the ‘Tour’ fine, however, I like the white steering wheel and tan/orange trim, NO! not in that model, then I find that VE in their wisdom decided to stop offering the white steering wheel and orange trim (I’d this another cost cutting exercise on their part?) then I find a car that ‘nearly matches’ the internal trim although it’s a ‘Max pro’ model I find I cannot have this vehicle unless I order it and take delivery in the same month!! Good luck all you potential buyers! You have a 26 week+ delivery! Maybe the BMW i3 is not such a bad alternative?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The global semi-conductor issue isn't only affecting VW.

Ask any trader who deals with used cars how prices are at the moment, across all brands.

Focusing on the ID.3, production and delivery dates are very long at the moment - some cars can be found in stock at dealers or already out of the factory and en route to the UK, although these can be at a premium compared to a brand new order.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

It wasn't an issue in June, and we lucked out. So my advice would be to keep looking and pounce when you see something that does it for you.

Compromises on the Tour are no hitch and no panoramic roof, but it comes pretty well loaded otherwise and I'm happy (love ACC and the HUD). The double floor in the trunk is a nice touch.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)