UK insurance policies

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
p-trax

Post by p-trax »

Quite a fundamentally important one this;

who are you guys insured with?

- VW supplied a weeks 'drive away' insurance, but so far I have been unsuccessful in finding a company that has the ID3 as a model they can insure.

I started looking before delivery, and still have yet to find anyone that can insure the vehicle.

My EV is insured with More Than, who gave me an amazing quote, previously I was with LV (both companies have EV specific policies) - neither have the ID3 on their books yet (spoke directly, not just via online quote tools).

Any suggestions gratefully received, as come Saturday we will have an uninsured vehicle on or driveway :)

Rhevian

Post by Rhevian »

I phoned up VW insurance, they gave me a quote that was much better than Direct Line (even though they use the same underwriters!)
Robsto

Post by Robsto »

£285 quoted by LV
p-trax

Post by p-trax »

Robsto wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:41 pm£285 quoted by LV
Interesting, I called them last week and was told the car did not exist on their system , hence could not quote.
I will call them again
Robsto

Post by Robsto »

When I phoned last week they told me the same and would class it as an e golf Since then it has appeared on compare the market web site
p-trax

Post by p-trax »

Robsto wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:40 am When I phoned last week they told me the same and would class it as an e golf Since then it has appeared on compare the market web site
Excellent. Many thanks
ID3-1st-owner

Post by ID3-1st-owner »

Admiral quoted me and VW was quite competitive
Kiwiboy

Post by Kiwiboy »

Hi £284 fully comp with Autonet. Just used one of the comparisons sites to get this deal.
fjishi

Post by fjishi »

I got it insured with Churchill, they did not have the car on their system, so they manually created one for me. Impressed. Got £29 refund as well for switching over from BMW i3.
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

I stayed and extended the gratis cover I got from VW.

Less than £200 for an old git like me and they guarantee the premium remains the same for the next 2 renewals unless I make a claim etc.

A
ID.3 1st Edition
Coopear

Post by Coopear »

I used the 5 day drive away VW insurance, and was surprised to see how competitive the annual policy was. I went for it.