Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

I am going to be cheeky and ask my dealer for additional discount if it does not arrive in March/April. They know I placed with in the end based on that target date as the vehicle I am trading in is due a major service end April/early May. I will be rather miffed if I spend £200 - £300 on a serivce then be told oh your new car will be here in 4 weeks!

Cherry

Post by Cherry »

darknite1 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:25 pm I am going to be cheeky and ask my dealer for additional discount if it does not arrive in March/April. They know I placed with in the end based on that target date as the vehicle I am trading in is due a major service end April/early May. I will be rather miffed if I spend £200 - £300 on a serivce then be told oh your new car will be here in 4 weeks!
They may say, "Would you like to cancel sir?"

If you say, "yes" they will rub their hands with glee and sell it for more profit.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

Cherry wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:17 pm
darknite1 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:25 pm I am going to be cheeky and ask my dealer for additional discount if it does not arrive in March/April. They know I placed with in the end based on that target date as the vehicle I am trading in is due a major service end April/early May. I will be rather miffed if I spend £200 - £300 on a serivce then be told oh your new car will be here in 4 weeks!
They may say, "Would you like to cancel sir?"

If you say, "yes" they will rub their hands with glee and sell it for more profit.
If they do that will seal it for me buying a VW, the experience has not been pleasant with rude sales people and no information for months. Before ordering the id3 I was looking at the Mokka E and Kona and both those cars I would of had by Christmas. The VW dealer knows that and I would hope for a bit better service. If VW actually said to me the car WILL be 9 months or soon not 5 months I would totally accept that as I could plan for extra costs etc. In a world were reviews are key I would hope for better :-)
Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

darknite1 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:06 pm Just chased my dealer this morning. Got a reply saying the sales person I have been dealing with is on holiday for 2 weeks and I will receive an update on her return. I placed my order October 4th, it was accepted by the factory the next day. 3 months in I have been sent my order number but nothing else official from VW, just guesses by my dealer. I was also told 20 weeks (5 months) but I think 8/9 months might be more realistic. The lack of information from VW is frustrating, the last update I saw was dated the end of July with a note on the bottom saying there would be another update/announcement by the end of Q4 2021. Not sure if anyone got an update from VW but I didn't.
I ordered the same day and was told it was a 26 week lead time on Oct 13th...
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

Turquoise wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:23 pm
darknite1 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:06 pm Just chased my dealer this morning. Got a reply saying the sales person I have been dealing with is on holiday for 2 weeks and I will receive an update on her return. I placed my order October 4th, it was accepted by the factory the next day. 3 months in I have been sent my order number but nothing else official from VW, just guesses by my dealer. I was also told 20 weeks (5 months) but I think 8/9 months might be more realistic. The lack of information from VW is frustrating, the last update I saw was dated the end of July with a note on the bottom saying there would be another update/announcement by the end of Q4 2021. Not sure if anyone got an update from VW but I didn't.
I ordered the same day and was told it was a 26 week lead time on Oct 13th...
End of March/Apri? Hmm well that would be nice for both of us if that is correct. Though means build week would need to be 3 or 4? Based on 7 week build and 3 weeks to ship them.
ricko

Post by ricko »

Turquoise wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:23 pm I ordered the same day and was told it was a 26 week lead time on Oct 13th...
On the other hand I ordered Oct 11th and was told 9-10 months !
The dealers were/are making it up because they don't know any more than we do ..

Rick
Life Pro Performance Kings Red + heatpump
Ordered 11/10/2021 @ Inchcape
Build week 38/22
Collected 20/07/22

Intelligent Octopus referral link (£50 credit) : https://share.octopus.energy/frost-snake-180
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

darknite1 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:28 pm
If they do that will seal it for me buying a VW, the experience has not been pleasant with rude sales people and no information for months. Before ordering the id3 I was looking at the Mokka E and Kona and both those cars I would of had by Christmas. The VW dealer knows that and I would hope for a bit better service. If VW actually said to me the car WILL be 9 months or soon not 5 months I would totally accept that as I could plan for extra costs etc. In a world were reviews are key I would hope for better :-)
How can a dealer give information if VW will not give it them? You are getting annoyed at the wrong people. You must know VW Group are terrible. Blame them.
Wait until the warranty runs out, they will not offer any contribution to costs. I am waiting for the dieselgate case in court and hope they get hammered.

So plan for 9 months. I was told 4 months and read it as 6. Now it could be even longer. I even sold my wife's Golf after I changed the EGR and to ensure I got rid of it before the mechatronic warranty expired. She is using my mother's car as she has stopped driving. But, this has meant a new exhaust, poor fuel consumption and soon 4 new tyres, in a car that is now 15 years old and used to cover 2k miles a year. All costs add up during this wait. There were no repair costs over the last 12 years!

May be your should have gone for the Kona. Now you have to bite your tongue as there is no EV grant for many models or finance contribution and discounts are much lower. I would not order an ID.3 now. The price is simply not attractive enough. Else, order a new car and sell the ID.3 when it arrives.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Our dealer is now back at work after being off ill since Christmas I think...gave us confirmation today that our car is in the country and we should be able to pick it up late next week :)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
slug56

Post by slug56 »

Jamesv12 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:12 pm Just had my regular non-update from the dealer, who confirmed that my Wk40 build had not yet been built. What he did seem to confirm was that I would be getting the MY22.5 updates, but as with everything I will have to see when it finally arrives...
I feel like that's an incredibly bold claim from him. I'm in the same position as you: my BW40 order still hasn't left the factory and all my dealer can tell me is that "it hasn't been built yet".

I'm not aware of the dealer being privy to whether an order is sat in storage awaiting chips, or hasn't started build at all. I would love for my order to have the MY22.5 updates, but at no point have I expected it would be. Fingers crossed :D
Max Pro Performance, Glacier White, 18" East Derrys, MY22
Alanpyle

Post by Alanpyle »

I have been told as of the 5/01/22 my car was in sheerness, how long does it take to get to the dealer please?
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Alanpyle wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:31 pm I have been told as of the 5/01/22 my car was in sheerness, how long does it take to get to the dealer please?

A week or two at most normally. Often quicker.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

This was posted on here before Xmas, lets hope its not delaying things further.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/sheerness/ ... rs-259223/
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

slug56 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:42 pm
Jamesv12 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:12 pm Just had my regular non-update from the dealer, who confirmed that my Wk40 build had not yet been built. What he did seem to confirm was that I would be getting the MY22.5 updates, but as with everything I will have to see when it finally arrives...
I feel like that's an incredibly bold claim from him. I'm in the same position as you: my BW40 order still hasn't left the factory and all my dealer can tell me is that "it hasn't been built yet".

I'm not aware of the dealer being privy to whether an order is sat in storage awaiting chips, or hasn't started build at all. I would love for my order to have the MY22.5 updates, but at no point have I expected it would be. Fingers crossed :D

I think Jamesv12's dealer is selling him the same bullshit that my dealer is trying to sell me !
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Malcster

Post by Malcster »

Email from dealer this morning

All sorted with the ID.3 - option now added to the build list, and the car is due to go into full production on Build Week 17, so around April, but this can change either forward or back so I will continue to monitor it.
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
Chris_Shep

Post by Chris_Shep »

Malcster wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:03 pm Email from dealer this morning

All sorted with the ID.3 - option now added to the build list, and the car is due to go into full production on Build Week 17, so around April, but this can change either forward or back so I will continue to monitor it.
Thanks, that's good news Malcster. I ordered mine just a few days before you and slightly earlier order number. So although all I've heard from my Dealer is "You're not on code 00 yet!" it gives me hope that there will be some news soon, maybe :?
Ordered (07/10/2021) : ID.3 Life Pro 58kWh Moonstone Grey, Order # 31497xxx
Unconfirmed Build Weeks: 22 --> 36 --> 37 --> 38 --> 37--> 47.
Car actually built in week 34. Build to collection: 6 weeks
Collected Car 5th Oct 2022 :D
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Chris_Shep wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:48 pm
Malcster wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:03 pm Email from dealer this morning

Thanks, that's good news Malcster. I ordered mine just a few days before you and slightly earlier order number. So although all I've heard from my Dealer is "You're not on code 00 yet!" it gives me hope that there will be some news soon, maybe :?
Indeed! I also have a 3149 order number and was honestly thinking I’d be lucky if I saw it by July, let alone potentially May.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

slug56 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:42 pm
I'm not aware of the dealer being privy to whether an order is sat in storage awaiting chips, or hasn't started build at all.
Had my irregular update from dealer today saying it has been built and is sitting waiting for chips. Of course, that may just be convenient to tie in with the predicted January delivery, or is that just me being cynical… :D
Family Pro Performance. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry alloys.
Ordered 16/9/21
Delivered 31/3/22
carps

Post by carps »

@utumno if you want another for the spreadsheet
Ordered from Swansway Garages 23/09/21
Number 31474XXX
ID.3 Life Pro Performance Moonstone Grey
Accepted by factory but no allocated build week
Dealer anticipated delivery 28/03/22
Ordered Life pro performance 23/09/21 | Moonstone Grey
Car in UK 4th July 2022
Dealer anticipated delivery w/c 11th July 2022
Home delivery by end July
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Had an update that the car is waiting for a semiconductor. I still find it baffling how they can (apparently) have a car sitting for weeks without 1 tiny part missing, then they'll open it all up again and put the magic semiconductor in to make the build complete.

The new ETA is mid February, though I foresee that slipping into March.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

carps wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:02 am @utumno if you want another for the spreadsheet
Ordered from Swansway Garages 23/09/21
Number 31474XXX
ID.3 Life Pro Performance Moonstone Grey
Accepted by factory but no allocated build week
Dealer anticipated delivery 28/03/22

Added, thanks !
Tesla Model Y Long Range