Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Mozart wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:34 pm New details for Utumno's spreadsheet below. Received news today from dealer that estimated delivery of my car has slipped from end of April this year to 06/01/2023!
Wow not looking forward to my next update
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)

Adam1980

Post by Adam1980 »

Mixed week- seems like a few people getting some good news and some getting some really awful news!
Griff

Post by Griff »

Adam1980 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:14 pm Mixed week- seems like a few people getting some good news and some getting some really awful news!
Would it help to maintain more positivity if we stopped counting in months, just years. e.g. "update from dealer.....it is still on for a 2022 delivery...."
Of course, that wouldn't help Mozart.
:: ID.3 Life Pro :: Manganese Grey :: East Derry Alloys :: Tow Hitch ::
January 2022.
Pod Point Solo 3 Home Charger.
daern

Post by daern »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:13 pm A big part of mitigating depreciation is getting a decent discount on a VW, when there's no discount, that depreciation is a lot less bearable.
Given the extreme supply issues at the moment, I would imagine that the number of people able to get any significant discount from VW's RRP is pretty small right now. On the other hand, I think a lot of those sat in the queue are probably also leasing through various tax-advantageous schemes so, in reality, they're not paying close to RRP themselves anyway, making it very hard to compare apples with, errr, different apples.

Doesn't make the situation any better, of course...
Cupra Born V2 - Vapor Grey
Lease order placed in Jan '22
Dealer order placed in March '22
Build date confirmed, delivery due late-July '22
ID.3 Family Pro - ordered Jan, optimistically due end of '22. Cancelled in Feb
Butternut

Post by Butternut »

Alongwait wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:17 pm
Butternut wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:18 pm I’m in the same boat. Just had an update today saying that the build week had slipped to week 40, we ordered our car on the 27th august 2021 (family model, stonewashed blue, east Derry alloys). I’m really getting frustrated and considering cancelling. Especially how a 2 colleagues have recently ordered alternate electric cars and expect to get them within the next few months. The only issue is how manufacturers like vw have pushed prices up due to the incredible demand. And I won’t get the grant anymore/ reduced grant at best if switching for another car
Hi Butternut,

Which dealership did you order your car?

Thanks
It’s Marshall’s in didcot (south Oxfordshire). They sent a screen shot and it has our order number 3132**** as I was convinced with such an early number they had given our car to someone else 😅. At least there updating us but the initial build week was 46 last year which got pushed to 50, then cancelled. Then week 30 this year. Now week 40. I have a good friend who works for Kia and I’m seriously considering enquiring into there range with him. I might put in a complaint to vw first but unfortunately it seems everyone else is in the same boat
Adam1980

Post by Adam1980 »

I’ve asked my lease company for an update.

Given since ordering we’ve had two interest rate rises and whoever goes buy the car won’t get the grant- I’d assume they not want to offer the car to me
SunithM

Post by SunithM »

andrewparker wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:24 pm
Utumno wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:43 pm
andrewparker wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:32 pm

100%! I'm kicking myself because the Polestar 2 I was going to order was snapped up :(
Appreciated! And "oof" to losing the March Polestar delivery too 😟
Confirmed that I am out. Just secured a March delivery on a Midnight Blue Polestar 2, single motor standard range, Plus pack and the 20" wheels.

Good luck everyone, I hope you're fine with me continuing my participation on the forum.
Was that a pre-configured one on the website? I'm thinking of doing the same thing and cancelling my ID3 Max order. Latest update from my dealer is that he has no clue what is going on with it. Could probably get a factory order polestar in before this ID3
ID.3 Max Pro Performance in Manganese Grey
Ordered 19-Jul-2021
Order no 31384xxx
Cancelled 15-Feb-2022 with car stuck in limbo
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

SunithM wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:04 pm
andrewparker wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:24 pm
Utumno wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:43 pm

Appreciated! And "oof" to losing the March Polestar delivery too 😟
Confirmed that I am out. Just secured a March delivery on a Midnight Blue Polestar 2, single motor standard range, Plus pack and the 20" wheels.

Good luck everyone, I hope you're fine with me continuing my participation on the forum.
Was that a pre-configured one on the website? I'm thinking of doing the same thing and cancelling my ID3 Max order. Latest update from my dealer is that he has no clue what is going on with it. Could probably get a factory order polestar in before this ID3
It is, yes. It’s looking like I’ll have it in the next few weeks, already got the registration number, paid the deposit, just waiting for a delivery date.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Baznorth

Post by Baznorth »

So, I just had my 1st reasonable conversation with my dealership today, mostly because thanks to this site I knew more about whats going on than he did!

For all the week 40 crew, its the 1st time he stated my car HAD been built! However, before you get to excited, as far as he knows it's still waiting for the elusive semi-con's.

Also he contacted Voltswagen UK to confirm that it will be a MY 22, which as a motorbility customer does not annoy me as much as if I were buying it outright.

Hoping for an out of the blue status update soon as I think we all are.
slug56

Post by slug56 »

Baznorth wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:14 pm For all the week 40 crew, its the 1st time he stated my car HAD been built! However, before you get to excited, as far as he knows it's still waiting for the elusive semi-con's.
It's built, but not built. Got it ;)
Max Pro Performance, Glacier White, 18" East Derrys, MY22
Flaming76

Post by Flaming76 »

slug56 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:21 pm
Baznorth wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:14 pm For all the week 40 crew, its the 1st time he stated my car HAD been built! However, before you get to excited, as far as he knows it's still waiting for the elusive semi-con's.
schrodinger's ID3?
Fam Pro Perf, 19” Andoya alloys, bike rack prep in turquoise.
Ordered 20.10.21 dealer placed order 25.10.21
Estimated delivery early May 2022, now status 20 build week 38, status 60 early Nov, delivery December!!
Order No 31515***
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Baznorth wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:14 pm So, I just had my 1st reasonable conversation with my dealership today, mostly because thanks to this site I knew more about whats going on than he did!

For all the week 40 crew, its the 1st time he stated my car HAD been built! However, before you get to excited, as far as he knows it's still waiting for the elusive semi-con's.

Also he contacted Voltswagen UK to confirm that it will be a MY 22, which as a motorbility customer does not annoy me as much as if I were buying it outright.

Hoping for an out of the blue status update soon as I think we all are.

This is the same update my dealer has been giving me since November. Built, awaiting component retrofit. No lead time available, please hold….
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

All the build week 40 cars are clearly being stored in a probability field (just outside Zwickau)
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Amharg

Post by Amharg »

Flaming76 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:59 pm
schrodinger's ID3?
I think VW are herding cats :ugeek:
ID3 Family Pro Performance
Ordered 15 Sep 2021
Build scheduled wk 17 (last update Dec'21)
sghom

Post by sghom »

Up the jumper wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:28 pm Yet another update from dealer, with reg details. Begining to belive it might be happening!
If you have reg details now, & expect march delivery...... is it a '71 or a '22 ? :?
family pro performance, mangy knees+bin lids
JCT 600 [sheffield]
ordered 17 july
3140xxxx
build week 45 confirmed? 11/1
on the boat 8-)
MY22
ETA feb 22 8-)
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I got an email on Wednesday; here are the edited highlights:

Sadly, still no build week to report. It honestly is so hard to even say when we can expect your car to be ready… the information fed into the SLI systems from manufacturers can be so all over the place. One week it could be an estimated build week 16, then it could drop to 24. It is because of this that Listers advise to not give out unconfirmed build weeks as there is little accuracy in them.

So, the bit you really want to know, right? When will I get my car? Usually, we are given a build-week for your car quite quickly. This is no longer happening. Manufacturers are working on a basis that they will provide us with a build-week and build your car the following week.

Normally, we would have confirmation 4 weeks prior to confirmation of this build-week and guide you through the transition from in transit from the factory, to the port of exit, shipping and arrival at the UK port.

With the changes, vehicles, once built, tend to take anything from 4-12 weeks to arrive in the UK, depending where they are built in the world.

We know this isn’t the answer you want, or we want to give you, but cars are very much still in production and your car will be built. They are just taking much longer than normal.

The situation is changing quickly and very much out of control. The good news us that you’re in the queue and your order is price protected*.

Not what I wanted to hear, but at least I heard something.
:( :(
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey
Ordered 26 Nov 2021
Listers Nuneaton
Order No: 31568xxx
Build week : Unconfirmed
Delivered: 23 Sept 22
White Zappi 7kW - Tethered
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

“The situation is … very much out of control.”

Nothing to add, really.
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Hooray, I have just got my order number today. I can see people tend to x out the last 3 digits, so will keep with that system, though why do we do this what is the secret (can someone else steal your order?)

anyway its 32025xxx
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

Dinsdale wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:57 am Hooray, I have just got my order number today. I can see people tend to x out the last 3 digits, so will keep with that system, though why do we do this what is the secret (can someone else steal your order?)

anyway its 32025xxx
I got my order number the day after I ordered on the 9th Feb. It's a very similar spec so it will be interesting to see how our delivery times compare next year! My order number is about 22000 higher than yours.
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Dinsdale wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:57 am Hooray, I have just got my order number today. I can see people tend to x out the last 3 digits, so will keep with that system, though why do we do this what is the secret (can someone else steal your order?)

anyway its 32025xxx

As far as anyone knows it’s perfectly safe to share, but I totally understand people want to obfuscate it “just in case”. The last three digit obfuscation is detailed enough (1000 vehicles) but also feels comfortable enough to many people from a privacy perspective so is often followed.
Tesla Model Y Long Range