Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

Uphamid3 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:05 am I'm probably going to do the same too, as I had originally expected my car in March/April this year, and I had made all of my plans around this. It's increasingly looking like it could be next year before it would materialise, which is just too long. I could almost cope with some extra waiting time if VW could offer a bit more certainty.

If I cancel I will order another MINI, but get an electric one this time. They too have quite a long lead time, but they are pretty up-front about timings and the cars often arrive early. Plus, living only 50 miles from the factory, the dealer usually receives them within a few days after production.

I know times were different a few years ago when I ordered my last one, but I placed the order on March 9th, it was built on March 23rd, and I drove it away from the dealership on April 2nd. These are the sort of delivery times I've been used to so I am finding the id3 wait a bit tedious to say the least!
I read an article that was linked somewhere on this forum today that said MINI is affected by Ukraine too and having to pause production.

Edit: it’s was this one https://www.electrive.com/2022/03/01/wa ... ly-chains/
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L

Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

Quick query - if I'm being advised our ID.3 is, quote, "At the moment the latest is that the vehicle is still awaiting a ship and is at port. Eta is still showing March." - does the ETA of March seem accurate? If it's built, but waiting for a ship, how long could that take - if anyone has any idea.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Jack1338 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:40 am Quick query - if I'm being advised our ID.3 is, quote, "At the moment the latest is that the vehicle is still awaiting a ship and is at port. Eta is still showing March." - does the ETA of March seem accurate? If it's built, but waiting for a ship, how long could that take - if anyone has any idea.
Mine sat at Emden for 2 weeks and eventually got on the sixth ship for Grimsby (delivered end of December)
But looking at some of the recent posts they seem to be sitting at Emden a little longer.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Jack1338 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:40 am Quick query - if I'm being advised our ID.3 is, quote, "At the moment the latest is that the vehicle is still awaiting a ship and is at port. Eta is still showing March." - does the ETA of March seem accurate? If it's built, but waiting for a ship, how long could that take - if anyone has any idea.
Experience on this forum suggests anything from 1 week (if it gets on a ship tomorrow, straight to the dealer at the other end and they do the PDI the next day) to 5-6 weeks. Mine took 5.5 weeks from status 30 to delivery and I think only the first few days were prior to it arriving at the port. I don't think that's unusual. There were some delays in the UK too, not just at Emden.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

Thank you Newfie & Sidehaas very much. I'll try get a date from them for when it arrived at the port to set my expectations accordingly. If it arrived yesterday, I'll know to wait a wee bit. If it arrived weeks ago, I can maybe be a bit more hopeful it'll be on a ship soon!

@Utumno - update for your spreadsheet. I'm in the process of cancelling my order with VW, so not sure if you just want to remove me from it or to another tab. I'm in the process of getting an ID3 via a lease company, who have stated it is currently at the port waiting for a ship. I'll be happy to provide more details once I have them.
GDC

Post by GDC »

After my no news yesterday, today I received email from lease company advising...
I have had some good news on the ID3 this morning.
The car is now completed at the factory and will start its shipping process to the UK. This can still take a few weeks to get here and then we will need to arrange PDI and delivery.
From here I would expect to see delivery in the last week of this month, but please don’t hold me to that.
No information on status code etc but I'm guessing, by @Utumno's spreadsheet, it'll be Status 30.
Fingers crossed I might actually see my car this month.
ItshardtobuyId3

Just had an email from my dealer and my car has arrived!!!

Not collecting until next week now but the wait is nearly over. 😁
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:28 pm Just had an email from my dealer and my car has arrived!!!

Great news! Another one breaks free!
Waterboy

Post by Waterboy »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:17 am
Waterboy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:54 am Might be time to throw in the towel on getting an ID3. I've been waiting since July 6th 2021 and am part of the infamous week 40's mob. But factory closure has just kicked this into touch I think.
You might want to keep the order going, especially if you agreed the finance with the deposit contribution before it was pulled. Are you thinking of getting something else in the meantime or sticking with what you have?
Dealer will return the deposit as they already appreciate its a ludicrous situation. I'm test driving the Model Y on Friday. We'll see. I'm a big VW fan but the way they've behaved over this (mostly in terms of lack of information) doesn't deserve my custom. I have lost a lot of confidence in the brand.
ID3 Max | Glacier White | Heat Pump | Andoya Alloys
Ordered 6th July 2021
Order No. 31373***
Latest Update: no one knows...!
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:28 pm Just had an email from my dealer and my car has arrived!!!

How did you get one so quickly? Ordered the same car at the start of October and yesterday got a delivery estimate of Feb 2023? Orignally told March, then September, then July and finally Feb 2023. I think you have been very lucky indeed!
Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

Waterboy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:20 pm
Waterboy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:54 am Might be time to throw in the towel on getting an ID3. I've been waiting since July 6th 2021 and am part of the infamous week 40's mob. But factory closure has just kicked this into touch I think.
You might want to keep the order going, especially if you agreed the finance with the deposit contribution before it was pulled. Are you thinking of getting something else in the meantime or sticking with what you have?
Dealer will return the deposit as they already appreciate its a ludicrous situation. I'm test driving the Model Y on Friday. We'll see. I'm a big VW fan but the way they've behaved over this (mostly in terms of lack of information) doesn't deserve my custom. I have lost a lot of confidence in the brand.
I'm having a bit of a faff getting my deposit returned - it looks like it will be shortly, but it's not been the easiest order cancellation process I've been through. You are right though - if VW thought they had any grounds when it came to keeping deposits on order cancellations, then I'd be more than shocked
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

Jack1338 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:27 pm
Waterboy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:20 pm

I'm having a bit of a faff getting my deposit returned - it looks like it will be shortly, but it's not been the easiest order cancellation process I've been through. You are right though - if VW thought they had any grounds when it came to keeping deposits on order cancellations, then I'd be more than shocked
Same here. They asked for a photo of my debit card this morning but I have heard nothing from them since. I asked how long it would take to process the refund but nothing but silence. A quick 10 second email reply "7 working days" or whatever would be easy enough to do.
ItshardtobuyId3

darknite1 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:22 pm

How did you get one so quickly? Ordered the same car at the start of October and yesterday got a delivery estimate of Feb 2023? Orignally told March, then September, then July and finally Feb 2023. I think you have been very lucky indeed!
It was one the dealer had ordered for stock that they changed to my specs. Was probably originally ordered in August going by how long others have waited.
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:36 pm

It was one the dealer had ordered for stock that they changed to my specs. Was probably originally ordered in August going by how long others have waited.
I would say so yeah, you've been very lucky! Hopefully it turns up before the end of the month for you
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:36 pm

Jammy :-(
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

I ordered in October 2021, still no build week.
Do you think I’ll see the car this year? Life pro performance, moonstone grey totally standard no extras.
Very frustrating isn’t it!

Thanks
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

darknite1 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:30 pm
Jack1338 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:27 pm
Same here. They asked for a photo of my debit card this morning but I have heard nothing from them since. I asked how long it would take to process the refund but nothing but silence. A quick 10 second email reply "7 working days" or whatever would be easy enough to do.
That sums up my experience with my dealer, to be honest. I haven't been asked for a photo of my debit card though - that seems odd? Maybe not, can't say I've had to ask for a refund on something like this. Maybe I'll get asked soon.

I never thought buying my first car from new would be such a disasterous experience that it has been. I, perhaps wrongly, assumed that you'd be treated quite nicely and regular updates would be the norm. You are, after all, spending a rather sizeable sum. Instead, you get treated like you've said something proposterous every time you ask for an update - and you'll usually have to wait 10 or so days for said update. Bit weird, in my opinion.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Jack1338 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:27 pm I'm having a bit of a faff getting my deposit returned - it looks like it will be shortly, but it's not been the easiest order cancellation process I've been through. You are right though - if VW thought they had any grounds when it came to keeping deposits on order cancellations, then I'd be more than shocked
Did you order direct from a dealer, as opposed to a broker?
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Picker1

Post by Picker1 »

Just had an update from my dealer that I have a provisional build date of week 23.
Ordered the car at the end of September and was told it should arrive in March.
Looks like I still have a long wait ahead.
Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

andrewparker wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:09 pm
Jack1338 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:27 pm I'm having a bit of a faff getting my deposit returned - it looks like it will be shortly, but it's not been the easiest order cancellation process I've been through. You are right though - if VW thought they had any grounds when it came to keeping deposits on order cancellations, then I'd be more than shocked
Did you order direct from a dealer, as opposed to a broker?
It's with a dealer direct (VW Edinburgh - Eastern Western group). I think that means direct from a dealer anyway...